Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idk about everyone here but where i live i never get to use my 6th gear. Well almost never unless am going over 90mph

·
Registered
42 Posts
You must have stock 2.73 gears still on. Since I've upgraded to FRPP 3.73 I've been shifting up to sixth gear alot more on surface roads. I must admit I love the acceleration of the line now.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You must have stock 2.73 gears still on. Since I've upgraded to FRPP 3.73 I've been shifting up to sixth gear alot more on surface roads. I must admit I love the acceleration of the line now.
You are right sir..lol
Its in my list of upgrades but DS is first but am glad to know that they will be more use for it once i change my gears..

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

6th gear is a myth
Lol yea that's what it feels like .. Even on highways i never get out of 5th

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
Did you leave your stock tires on. If so, you having issues with tire spin when punching it from a dead stop being that you upgraded to 3:73 gears.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've upgraded my tires...now running 20's 255 35 all around. Upgrading the gear's send my rpm's racing on first and second gear. I get better launches with upgraded lower control arms. No wheel spinning for me.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Yup, I'll be cruising 40mph in 6th.
My dad did that before when i was in the vette... He put it into 6th and just the idle of the engine was enough to keep it going at 40 lol.

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

But yea i don't understand why you wouldn't use 6th unless you are on streets... You use a hell of a lot less gas if you are at a lower rpm.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Lol not great but 29

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 AM ----------

Not great but 29 or 30

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The reason i don't is cus i drive with the mpg screen on to see my consumption and its terrible on 6th since i don't live in flat roads. That's y i started the thread by asking where you guys live .. There's too many ups and downs on even the highways here and i would be way too low in the rpms ..

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live just outside of Cincinnati really in between Cincy and Lexington speed limits 70 hardly ever any cops such a rural area. If I'm driving to work ill chill about 80 hardly over 2000 Rpms in 6th gear but really if I slow to 75 I see my best gas mileage but any lower than 75 and I go back to 5th

1 - 20 of 71 Posts