Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Man those are expensive...I bought mine and had them shipped from New York to MS for 40 dollars less than that buy now price...lol. And mine are Mach1 take offs

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
7,212 Posts
The exhaust system includes High-Performance low-restriction mufflers
I didn't know Ford put such things on stock. They should reword it to say "good enough for stock performance mufflers". Not so sure about that low restriction statement.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Less restriction than a v6 exhaust....lol

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you have to cut the exhaust to get it off unless you take the lca's off.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Just watch Ebay and find a person who is selling their take-off's...way cheaper and easier. I paid 50 bucks for my Mach1 takeoff's...can't beat that at all...

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, since the 05 came out people are getting a premium for take-offs. As for the "performance" stock mufflers, they are better than the one on the stock V6 exhaust, even one of them as far as I know. Since I broke down and am renting a garage at my apartments now, I can say they sound pretty nice, though subdued. If you can find a good deal on the takeoffs, it's still cheaper than buying something else in stainless.

Lowflyn, you got one hell of a deal on yours. The mach tips look so sweet!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and cutting them in half just saves you an oversized shipping charge. any competent muffler shop can put it all back together no problem. Come to think of it, most shops want to cut them as opposed to dropping the rear axle just a little bit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts