Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has 10,000 miles on it. Last week I noticed a loud whooshing noise coming from the vicinity of the driver-side defroster vent. At 60 mph and above it drowns out the radio and at 38 mph and below the sound goes away. I have thoroughly examined everything under the hood, everything underneath and the driver's-side brake and found nothing out of the ordinary. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
does it change if you adjust ventilation air flow?

I had an Integra that would whistle above 90...bad window seal. It wasn't till it started to leak in heavy rains before I brought that one it for wtty work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
does it change if you adjust ventilation air flow?

I had an Integra that would whistle above 90...bad window seal. It wasn't till it started to leak in heavy rains before I brought that one it for wtty work.

Had a F150 that would make noise... turned out it was the mirror. Had folding mirrors and fix was to squeeze the two half together and it stopped... until the next time I folded the mirrors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved! LH latch had become partially unlatched but could not see as it was out of view behind the visor. Thx for all your suggestions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts