Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what everybody's story was. What made you want to get one or what made you fall in love with them?

Well my dad has always been a huge fan of Ford so I grew up liking the name. Then in high school I started seeing a lot of them and a few of my best friends had them. I started researching them and learning more about them and I have been in love ever since.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My previous car was a Dodge Caliber SRT4. It was a great car but, it was starting to develop rattles and was really hard to drive. (300hp through the front wheels=impossible launch) I was ready for something new and I wanted it to be at least equal in performance.

I had my heart set on the 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Pack. When I wet to look at it the dealer would not budge from the sticker price. At the time, stock was pretty limited on those cars so my options were pretty limited.

I started researching every sports car in the low to mid $30k range. I honestly didn't even consider the Mustang because I didn't think I could get the options I wanted in my price range and I thought the gas mileage would kill me. (I drive a lot) In the process of searching not really finding what I wanted in other cars. I searched the local Mustang inventory and I found a 2012 GT Premium advertised for $31k and I went to look at it. Despite the dealer being completely incompetent and even bordering on being a crook, I ended up bringing it home.

·
Registered
272 Posts
What do you think of it so far? Happy you went with a mustang?
I liked the Hyundai very much and had I been able to get it for the same price I paid for my Mustang, I would have rather had that car.

That said, I love the Mustang. Considering the deal I got on it, I don't think there is any way I could have done better.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I liked the Hyundai very much and had I been able to get it for the same price I paid for my Mustang, I would have rather had that car.

That said, I love the Mustang. Considering the deal I got on it, I don't think there is any way I could have done better.
A Hyundai over a mustang, what u smoking?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Unlike some of you, I don't think the Mustang is the be all end all of cars.

The Hyundai had several features I would have liked to have but did not get. It also had one of the best fit/finishes of any car I have seen.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Unlike some of you, I don't think the Mustang is the be all end all of cars.

The Hyundai had several features I would have liked to have but did not get. It also had one of the best fit/finishes of any car I have seen.
Your fighting a loosing battle here buddy. I agree with you on the fact that mustangs aren't the best car, that being said though, it is for the best not too speak like that on here. Bad things could happen.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Your fighting a loosing battle here buddy. I agree with you on the fact that mustangs aren't the best car, that being said though, it is for the best not too speak like that on here. Bad things could happen.
I'm not fighting a battle. I was asked for my opinion and I gave it. I couldn't care less what anyone here thinks about it.

I have no brand loyalty when it comes to cars. I just love cars. Personally, I think it is silly to limit yourself to just one brand/model.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've been in love with Mustangs since I was tiny. And I grew up around them. Now that I have one, I don't want anything else from now until I die. Always been a Mustang girl, always will be.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
thejohncarlson said:
I'm not fighting a battle. I was asked for my opinion and I gave it. I couldn't care less what anyone here thinks about it.

I have no brand loyalty when it comes to cars. I just love cars. Personally, I think it is silly to limit yourself to just one brand/model.
A man that speaks my language. If it goes fast, i envy it. I come from a Chevy family, grew up loving camaros. Prior to this generation, they've always been the faster car, so thats why i liked them. I like some imports also. If it's fast, and not over done i like it. The reason i bought my first mustang was because it was in my price range, i'd always looked at them as a pretty nice car, and because it looked sweet as hell. The reason i bought my 02 GT is because i loved my v6, the car looks sweet, and you can hear me coming from a few blocks down.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I personally do limit myself, only because I love Mustangs so much and grew up around them. I love cars in general, but I prefer to only own a Mustang, and my despise for Camaros is definitely there. Mustangs and Camaros are rivals, it's okay to act the part and feel it. That's what makes the competition, and makes it interesting. No one should be telling someone their own opinion is wrong. Everyone is different, it'd be boring if everyone loved every single car and had no despise for at least one. So chill out, guys.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Still.... a Hyundai? I could stomach a Camaro, Challenger, Vette, maybe even a lancer, imprza, or 350Z. But not a Hyundai. Sorry, you opinion is your own. I can respect that. However you are on a forum for people who LOVE all MUSTANGS. you are going to get some s***. In the end you made the right choice, so we still have love for you.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lmao

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 PM ----------

And the reason I got a mustang was because it was sitting in my driveway for 4 years. As soon as I got my full time job all my PAYCHECKS went to the stang :D and now my baby is running stronger and better!:) :headbang:

·
Registered
566 Posts

I completely agree! I've never understood people that say"I'll only drive mopar, or ford, or whatever." I was just saying that by saying that you might be getting some people upset.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Don't get me wrong I love my mustang, but before I got it I was going.to get a srt4 or cobalt ss. Those srt4s are bad little cars. I also looked at a few trans ams and camaros. And I have friends that drive all of the above. As long as its fast I like it. I also have another friend that has a 300z tt and built it and it runs 11s

·
Registered
566 Posts
I got a mustang because every car I looked at was rotted out or needed too much work. It was a fair price. I'm trying my damnedest to trade it for something I would really like, but nothing yet. I have always loved cars, I hope I can work with them for a living in the future.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I got a mustang because every car I looked at was rotted out or needed too much work. It was a fair price. I'm trying my damnedest to trade it for something I would really like, but nothing yet. I have always loved cars, I hope I can work with them for a living in the future.
What are you wanting to get?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Can't believe what I'm reading. Everybodys entitled to there opinion. I guess maybe I just love mustangs to much. To hell with cameros and trans ams unless its before early 70s. That's my opinion. I wont type the good part lol.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts

Well to shine some light on this my buddy has the 3.8 track edition and I got to drive it a couple of times and it is a very fun car but the performance of your gt is so much better then the 3.8 my friend says it all the time that he could of got a better performance car for what he paid but also he says that the features in his car are amazing and they are and like you said it is very hard to mod those cars it is very expensive

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Oooo and the reason I love mustangs is because my dad owned one when he was my age and he loved it and still loves mustangs today

1 - 20 of 40 Posts