Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked it up else where and heard all the common things of loose connections, bad grounds causing this problem. But everytime I get in the car and turn the key to on the head unit turns on and theres a nice loud pop that comes out all the speakers on startup.. And also I noticed soon as I turn key off and than back on all my info is erased, clock, preset etc.... the head unit is a kenwood ddx319 and my car is the 05 gt with shaker 1000... Is this loud pop and erasing of info a bad ground? I tied the ground from the head unit and the parking brake switch to the original wiring harness ground (thick black and orange wire)... Thank you.. Just figured I ask before taking all back apart..

·
Registered
984 Posts
Sounds like the constant and ignition wire mix up if its resetting everything an you have the shaker 1000 headunit or aftermarket?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sounds like the constant and ignition wire mix up if its resetting everything an you have the shaker 1000 headunit or aftermarket?
It happened to me on my last car. The people who installed the radio had the wires backwards so every time I turned the car on it "popped" and everything was reset. Make sure you check the ground first.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So double check my grounds... And check the constant and switched.. the constant wire from the car was said to be the yellow. And the red was the switched. I always thought was other way around but thats what color chart said..

Also.. when I ordered the head unit I got the wiring harness quick connects, which came with a red and a white rca cable to hook into the head unit, aswell as 2 blue wires which were labeled amp power, so I hooked both of them up to the power control wire out the head unit

I took out the shaker unit to put in this kenwood ddx319..

·
Registered
289 Posts
Ford amp turn on voltage is 5V aftermarket is 12V that is why your speakers pop. Drop your voltage with a resistor or a regulator.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Just installed a new HU in my 04 w the Mach 1000, Crutchfield supplied a voltage converter that got spliced into the amp wires, I got,no pop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts