Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mustang GT 07 with 62k miles. When its cold everythings fine and it runs smooth. But once i have been driving it for about 20 minutes and im depressing the clutch when starting out in 1st gear it jerks and i can hear a thumpy clicky sound coming from where the tranny is. Also when i shift into second i can hear the thump too. When im driving in 1st/2nd, and im at about 3k RPM and i press the clutch in then depress it, feels like the transmission shakes and i hear the the clicky sound. Its weird because it only does it when its warmed up and driven. I also hear a whiny noise when i drive it in 1st. Sometimes it will even shake and jerk for a while when i take off in 1st gear. Im not forcing it at all or anything. What could this be? Please help! Much appreciated!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey suad_223!

Your Ford dealer will review any warranty coverage, so definitely bring it in for inspection. They will help get your Mustang shifting smooth. :)

Enjoy your 'Stang!

Natasha
Ford Customer Service Division

·
Registered
5 Posts
First thought here is that when the engine warms up, it has much more power. Something
is probably worn or broken in the clutch. Pressure plate, Clutch Disk, etc...

Sounds like a trip to a reptuable transmission shop might help you here.

Also, check out some mustang forums on the internet...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts