Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2002 Mustang GT. For a couple months now (2-3?), my battery light has been coming on. I have checked the battery charge and the alternator output and they both seem to be working as they should be. I've been told that it could possible be a short in one of the numerous electronics of the car, which would be turning the battery light on. Is this true, and how could I check for which one it is? What else could be my problem?

·
Registered
9 Posts
"Short, Possible" Complete Diagnostic Readout to check for "any" codes, Battery Light is actually a (Low Alternator Output to the Battery) Light. Have the Alternator "Load Tested" to make sure you are getting the Max. Listed Amperage Output Low Amps means Bad Diode(s) that will Drain Your Battery, (But High Voltage or Amperage Could mean a Bad Regulator or Bad Armature)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe it's your alternator is going bad, but usually they just go. Dim lights are a sure sign. But possibly a voltage regulator maybe. Also get a cheap battery terminal cleaner tool from the auto parts store, the one with wire bristles and clean those terminals really good, and make sure there is fresh metal to metal contact on the battery terminals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts