Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everyone so hooked up on C springs rather then B springs? Out of all the threads I have read about this subject they all say the same thing "FMS C Springs are the way to go if you are planing on lowering your car. You get good performance, but you are going to get a little bit of a harsh ride. But man is it worth it, I love them." I can see getting them if the car you have them on is not your day to day driver or if you need the performance 60% of the time you are in your car. So, for us guys who have to drive our Stangs from day to day and don't get on the pedal 60% of the time while we are driving. Isn't this why FMS made the B's for us other kind of drivers. Think about it, you get the very same drop, Also, do to the fact that the B springs are a progressive spring you get a smooth ride when you are not on the pedal and a good performance ride when you are. This sounds to me like Technology at it's greatest. I'm not tring to be difficult at all. I just want to make sure when i buy something I'm getting the best product. Plus, I'm not going to be racing my car on any track or strip. So, If the C springs are the better of the two than please give me some feedback. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
941 Posts
B springs don't drop as much and basically aren't worth it to most people. I saw two friends, one with B's (accidental misorder) and another with C's and there is a difference in the set we saw. C's aren't even worth it to some people. C's are even a street friendly compromise compared to better quality eibach/h&r springs that def. need matching shocks and struts.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i have had eibach and fms Cs and they ride the same, if i put Cs in your car and you didnt know and drove it you would not know the difference. Cs are good for 1.1 -1.2 inches if you want that go Cs

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
well arnt B springs Eibach, when i orderd mein i think i got B springs or something (my old car's springs) and they were eibachs when i got them in from teh shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is the difference between ford c's and b'

Ford Motorsports B M-5300-B 425-530 200-300 1.50 0.75
Ford Motorsports C M-5300-C 650 200-300 1.50 0.75

The B springs are softer almost that same as stock

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually
"B" springs are progressive meaning they are soft most of the time but stiffen when they are pushed. Very similar to stock
"C" springs are specific meaning the rate of compression does not change. They are always stiff and there performance is well above stock and anyone who has ridden in my car will tell you it is not lacking in handling.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Danger Dude said:
"B" springs are progressive
yup. ding ding ding, we have a winner. progressive is good for daily driving, but sucks for handling, IMO

·
Registered
6 Posts
Cool, its true you can learn something every day thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
You can get progressives that are a lot stiffer than those B springs which will go a lot better though. Just depends on what you get and how much you want to spend I guess. :D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Some of them are fixed rate, some are progressive, Saleen racecraft are progressive and so are Rosch I believe, Global West has some nice progressive springs, there are some really good progressives out there. The front ones I am putting on my GT are Cobra R Eibachs which are progressives and very stiff. Holdin out for a little nicer weather, lol.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Sure does, its right there in big print!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
What are the pictures of struts and such on the side of the box, are they recommending certain kinds of struts with them?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
H&R are supposed to be very good springs, I have no personal experinence with them, but from all I have heard they are very good products.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Bottom line is that Ford "C" springs are really good springs!!! Are there better??maybe, but there is no better value in new springs. At $110 anything better is almost double the price!!!

That is a fact!!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts