Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 7.5 is wussy, that can't be denied. the 'gears' sticky is good, but there needs to be an 8.8 sticky. brandon or i could whip one up in an hour, we both have a handle on things.

yay or nay?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i have it on my "to-do" list. i still have a "nitrous vs turbo vs supercharger" sticky for my power adder forum. austin.. i can bring my laptop to the meet on friday and we can write it while your car is cooling off (if im not busy installing yours and aggiesarge's new sprigns :p )

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey brandon, i wouldn't mind doing it. i'll need some help with part of it (like what cars had 8.8's etc) and editing, but i could do it? do i have a green light?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
thats a big 10-4 there roger!! :p yeah, write it, ill proof it and add some stuff, and then we'll get it up.

PS.. 86+ mustangs (same year they went fuel injection)
supercoupe, lincoln mark 7 (with minor mods). 99+ cobra IRS DOES NOT FIT, nor will explorer or ranger rears.

that should answer what years were there. but yea, go ahead and write it austin

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
stangin99 said:
86 mustang were 7.5" rears...theyll fit.

IRS will fit as well.
86 were 8.8s in V8s

IRS will not fit, unless you swap out the rear end, the exhaust, the control arms, the brakes, the e-brake, the driveshaft, the springs, and shocks. everything behind the transmission needs to be swapped out to use IRS on a non-IRS model.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Monkey said:
stangin99 said:

IRS will fit as well.
IRS will not fit, unless you swap out the rear end, the exhaust, the control arms, the brakes, the e-brake, the driveshaft, the springs, and shocks. everything behind the transmission needs to be swapped out to use IRS on a non-IRS model.
in other words..itll fit :p

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
stangin99 said:
Monkey said:
stangin99 said:

IRS will fit as well.
in other words..itll fit :p
yes, but for general purposes, it easier to tell people who dont even knwo about 8.8s not to look for an IRS. hell, if you have enough money, you could stick a ferrari engine in our cars. anything is doable, if you have the money

·
Registered
567 Posts
Monkey said:
yes, but for general purposes, it easier to tell people who dont even knwo about 8.8s not to look for an IRS. hell, if you have enough money, you could stick a ferrari engine in our cars. anything is doable, if you have the money
well "will it fit" and "can it possibly be done" are two totally different things

An IRS will bolt right up, no problems. Nothing has to be fabbed or custom made to make it work.

Sure, you ahve to re-do everything in the rear of the car by purcahsing IRS-related parts. But its not a custom job. 8)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
We have a v6 stang spec section.
I want to turn it into articles, and specs, and archives.

It will just take time.
I want everything to be correct and ect. I started on the exhaust one, iam doing a re write of the one in the forum, added pics, added all kinds of stuff to it.
Just not done with it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts