Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Because you don't have a locking differential. Get one of those, and you'll be smoking both. Think AM has ehm for sale, or you can just swap to a GT rear end for the same effect. Someone correct me if i'm wrong, not 100% sure on that.

·
Registered
748 Posts
You have what's called an open differential. in order to get both tires to spin you need a t-lok or a limited slip differential (LSD) you can put one of these one your stock 7.5" rear end or you can upgrade to a GT 8.8" rear end, which really isn't any cheaper or better IMO. Upgrade your rear diff and get some bigger diff. gears and you're good to go!

·
Registered
748 Posts
If it's the same price, why wouldn't you?
it's not always the same price, in some instances it's cheaper in other's it's more expensive. It all depends on the seller and the mileage on the axle. Obviously you wouldn't buy one that has a lot of mileage on it. So, in most instances, my guess would be it's cheaper to go the LSD route rather than upgrade to an 8.8 with 100k miles on it. Or maybe that's just me...

·
Registered
434 Posts
I agree with you 100% crowned I wouldn't want to risk taking a chance on a whole different rear when I know what mine has been through, the exact mileage on it, and the fact that it hasn't had any problems... I think the 8.8 is needless and only necessary if I knew all those factors and the price was the same

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
Mustangman92 said:
The 7.5 really isn't week unless you're putting down serious hp like middle 300s
The poster before you broke one on a stock v6...yeh...they're strong alright lol

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
To be honest id go with an 8.8...you can find used ones for cheap. Comparing the two is like apples to oranges....for the price you spend on a tlok with gears you could of bought a used 8.8...gears..and had cash left over for install

1 - 20 of 70 Posts