Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my new GT a few weeks ago and I just picked up a set of the FR500 wheels with the staggered setup. 18x10 in the rear with 18x9 in the front. I want the back tired as wide as possible. Does anyone know whats the most width I can go on the back? My buddy has an '02 with 325's in the rear, can you go that wide on a 2012? Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just bought my new GT a few weeks ago and I just picked up a set of the FR500 wheels with the staggered setup. 18x10 in the rear with 18x9 in the front. I want the back tired as wide as possible. Does anyone know whats the most width I can go on the back? My buddy has an '02 with 325's in the rear, can you go that wide on a 2012? Thanks for any help!!!
CruizinConcepts has a few packages that have up to 315's on a 10' wheel. Seems like alot to me. I would say between 275-295 you will be safe

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm getting ready to widen my stock rims to 19x10 and gonna put 305 Mickey thompsons on it, 305-315 should fit just fine and hook very well.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Well there are alot of factors that mean everything.The offsets of the whell have everything to do with it for sure.But yeah you got room for meats but do your homework on wheels you buy and the offsets.I am going wider too.Be in mind too that changing to 20's and taller tires or smaller tires can can change your gearing and of course speedo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah but I had an 01 cobra with independent suspension and I had10 inch rims and has 315 nitto 555R's and they fit with no problem 305's on a 10inch will be fine, also on my cobra my tires never came close to folding over the lip even when tires has low air pressure for the track.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DarkHorse_5.0 said:
What color are the FR500? I was gonna get them 20x9 in the front 20x10 in the rear in either stealth black or gloss black.
I'm getting them in glossy black with the chrome lip from AmericanMuscle

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I appreciate the help everyone, I did a little research and it seems that a 305 should fit just fine on the 18x10 FR500s wheels I bought. I'm gonna go with a 275 in the front if I can fit it. I'm trying to find a tire that has the same height as my stock ones so I don't have to lower the car. (I bought the premium warranty and don't want to void it). Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I went 18x10 all around. They stick to the road like glue especially on turns

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Will 11" wide wheels fit on a S197?
I have seen a few guys who got them

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

GTtopgear said:
I went 18x10 all around. They stick to the road like glue especially on turns
Nice what kinda tire?

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I'm not going to get into the number debate here, but just say that my "Staggered" set of 22" tires are Front 245/30/22, and Rear 295/25/22 on "Nexxon" tires. No rubbing, no shaking, Flawless. Pics in profile pics. It's all about thee sizes you use.

·
Registered
31 Posts
SkoSter06 said:
I put 18x10 on the back with 305 nittos and there is plenty of room, could fit 315s and my car is lowered.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I put 18x10 on the back with 305 nittos and there is plenty of room, could fit 315s and my car is lowered.
Which 305 Nittos? What was the overall diameter of the tire? I've been looking at running the NT555R 305/45R18s which are just over 28" overall diameter and plan on lowering between 1.5" and 2.0" depending on the kit I decide on and I've been curious if they would fit. I'll be putting smaller ones up front (245 NT555s).

·
Registered
151 Posts
wnt2gofst said:
There is a guy on modularfords running a 12" wide his 2011
I read somewhere that putting an 11 or 12" wide rim in the back required relocating the bump stops. I'm planning on going with an 11" so I'm curious I'd there's any truth to this.

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

It was on a gt 500 so I dunno if there's a difference or not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Which 305 Nittos? What was the overall diameter of the tire? I've been looking at running the NT555R 305/45R18s which are just over 28" overall diameter and plan on lowering between 1.5" and 2.0" depending on the kit I decide on and I've been curious if they would fit. I'll be putting smaller ones up front (245 NT555s).
That's what I have, the 555 drag 45. That's about the same drop I have with my springs. I have either 245 or 255 in the front on a 9 inch wheel, check out my pics they look pretty good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
That looks like EXACTLY what I am going for. Did you just throw normal NT555s up front?
Yeah I got the whole set from AM, free shipping and mounting and balancing. Seemed like the easiest way to go because they sell the tpms sensors and the calibrator and they installed them for me. Pretty easy just throw them on the car no messin around!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts