Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Iam driving today and Iam at a stop then I get going an my engine light comes on. I make another stop an the light goes away and I get going and it happens again this happened a few Times then stopped Iam thinking its my TB? Could I be right? And if so how do I clean it ?

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Also I have an o/r h pipe(no cats) but this code just started happening and I have had the exhaust for a long time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
Have the codes read!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a 94 it is obd1 so it is a lot harder to

Pull codes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,563 Posts
It's a 94 it is obd1 so it is a lot harder to

Pull codes
I know it's hard. I had a older car with the obd1. If you search the Internet you can actually use a wire and jump the plug and read the flashes and that will tell you your code you can look up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
maldog said:
I know it's hard. I had a older car with the obd1. If you search the Internet you can actually use a wire and jump the plug and read the flashes and that will tell you your code you can look up.
Each car is different on reading there codes were can u get tb cleaner and how does it work?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,044 Posts
reading the codes arent that hard. i dont remember the procedure, but its probably in the stickies section. it only takes a few minutes to check. also i have seen guys pick up obd1 scanners for around 25$ if you dont wanna mess with a jumper wire. this would be way better than guessing.

but also it never hurts to clean the tb.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
AutoZone sells em for around $30 or less I believe. Obd1 scanners are a pain in the ass cause you gotta keep track of beeps and tones. Not too fun to be quite honest.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
278 Posts
Slow5.0 said:
AutoZone sells em for around $30 or less I believe. Obd1 scanners are a pain in the ass cause you gotta keep track of beeps and tones. Not too fun to be quite honest.
What are u talking about I have one and it gives u the code . Was 15 bucks on the net. Comes with. Booklet of what all the codes mean. Shows u codes for stuff that not bad enough to trigger cel
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tbonestang said:
What are u talking about I have one and it gives u the code . Was 15 bucks on the net. Comes with. Booklet of what all the codes mean. Shows u codes for stuff that not bad enough to trigger cel
Most likely that is the obd2 scanner what year is your car?
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top