Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I'm going slow like through a parking lot I get this hollow rubbing sound coming from the rear of the car. It usually happens when making tight left turns. My car is lowered if that helps. Any ideas on what it could be?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Stubzmekenzie said:
So when I'm going slow like through a parking lot I get this hollow rubbing sound coming from the rear of the car. It usually happens when making tight left turns. My car is lowered if that helps. Any ideas on what it could be?
Could be ur tire is rubbing.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Are you positive that it's coming from the rear?

What size tires are on there? If they are factory you shouldn't be rubbing, unless something is messed up (front tires)

the rear shouldn't rub at all even with bigger tires, people put 315/35-17 tires on the rear of lower cars without any problems.....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are you sure it's coming from the rear? How many miles do you have on the car? You probably need a new wheel bearing 'or' you should check the rear diff. Is your rear gear stock? If not, who installed it? If you have any aftermarket rear gear, if it's not installed properly without the right amount of spacing/backlash you could wear out the gear. The right way to check your rear end is to put the car on a lift, turn on and have someone put the car in gear while it's up in the air. A good mechanic will have a stethoscope and will be able to hear if the gear is grinding.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems to be coming from the rear, I have 73k on the car and my tires are 275/35/17. I di have aftermarket gears but they came with the car.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Could it be suspension related?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
My self, I would get the rear checked out since its been tore into before.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts