Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its a 2002 mustang. Completly stock. What size rims will fit? What is the biggest that will fit? Will i need any suspension work? i was looking at 18x10 or 18x8.5. I tried searching but couldnt find anything. Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes 18's will fit Roush and Saleens come with 18" rims but also that is extra centrifical weight your V6 motor has to spin around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
completely stock suspension 20's will fit lol if u drop it dont go any bigger than 18's which is what i have. not much room at all for anything bigger just perfect :)

·
Registered
301 Posts
As long as the outer diameter of the tire doesn't change I should think you'd have no problems. if it does, you have to do speedo work, no :?:

What about width? I've heard of stangs going to 10" in the back and 9" in the front.
Don't remeber the tire sizes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
mine are 18x9 275/40 rear 245/40 front and i have no rubbing problems except for when i go in a parking spot and i have to cut the wheel all the way. nothing major though somehting im willing to sacrifice for looks :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
18x9s -will- rub up front. Don't let anyone tell you different because they are just trying to dignify their purchase by pretending theirs works. It's like the people who buy the tornado fuel saver and claim they really feel the gas mileage increasing or whatever it does. I have 18x9s too. 275/35/ZR18. I only have to turn my wheel maybe 3/4 of the way before it rubs. U-Turns have to be taken very carefully and wider than before. Take this into consideration and then buy them anyway because they look so friggin sweet. :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts