Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Jusrñt changing the mufflers would.change the sound??? What are some good.ones??
That's what a muffler does, it makes the exhaust much quieter. Go to YouTube and look up exhausts for your car. Americanmuscle.com is a great site to look for new exhausts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
But i dont want it to bu quiter.. Lok
That's why you have to buy an aftermarket muffler. The ones ford put on made the car very quiet. Buying an after market muffler like flow master or borla would make your car much louder

·
Banned
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's why you have to buy an aftermarket muffler. The ones ford put on made the car very quiet. Buying an after market muffler like flow master or borla would make your car much louder
Mine has flow masters it had them when i bought them and they are loud but kinda graspy, rough sound.. My buddy has ford racing on his and they sound smooth and deeper..

·
Registered
137 Posts
Then... Get the ford racing axlebacks. I think my larger jlt cai changed the induction noise a bit compared to the stock air box. But if ur talking about exhaust note then play around with the exhaust system. Magnaflows sound pretty deep and smooth too

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
By improving do you want like louder right. So change you're midpipe either one with no cats or one with highflows

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
What would improve the sound.. Changing mufflers or mid pipe?
Being your in Cali be careful which mid pipe you choose as an off road pipe won't pass smog.. There are mid pipes with high flow cats that will improve sound and power and still pass smog :good: btw change both for best all around results.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Well you can always swap them out when it's time to smog. But if you want more sound without swapping the midpipe go for the slp lm

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Yea i know.. Off roads are illegal here in cali.. Maybe ill just get borla or fr mufflers
Idk for sure but I'd be inclined to believe the Borla's will be 'louder' I don't think either will do much if anything as far as power is concerned

·
Registered
137 Posts
I keep my cats on, x pipe, magnaflow overaxles pipes and unchambered exhaust. Actually I think there's still a small resonator on it but it doesn't quiet down like a muffler would. I set off car alarms, that's all that matters lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts