Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any other Ford car three point shoulder seatbelts fit my 1989 GT Mustang Convertible?

I need a set of blue seat belts for my GT convertible. Mainly the part that retracts the three point shoulder harness, since it is completely worn out. I need OEM! Will something out of a similiar year Ford work? probe or a thunderbird maybe?
Anybody know the ford part number? Thank you very much

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will any other Ford car three point shoulder seatbelts fit my 1989 GT Mustang Convertible?

when it comes to your safety or your passengers safety always original Equipment is best............... it is cheaper in long run.

·
Registered
40 Posts

plenty of re-pro shops out there. CJ Pony, Texas Mustang, Sacramento Mustang, etc do a google search and shop til your heart's content. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts

As long as the base of the belt (where the belt rolls up) is still sitting at it's original factory angle you will be fine. Some of them are designed for vertical orientation and some are designed for horizontal orientation and you generally can't put them the other way or they'll lock up.

Just make sure you buy a good used one and you use either factory hardware or grade 8 bolts to install it you'll be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts