Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have a quick question, I will be getting LT BORLA headers with the x-pipe that will connect to my BORLA ATAK cat-back.
The question is will I need a tune? Or can I just drive after the install? Will i get a check engine light?
I know is better to compliment the setup with a tune for maximum HP gains but just want to know if i can run the headers without it?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
You will definitely need a tune

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

Or else you'll get a CEL

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Is the X pipe catted? If so then I think you'll be alright without. Someone with more precise info will chime in, I'm sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
primer2tone said:
Is the X pipe catted? If so then I think you'll be alright without. Someone with more precise info will chime in, I'm sure.
No, is an off-road x-pipe no cats

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Only BBK headers offer Catted X-Pipe

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Hey guys I have a quick question, I will be getting LT BORLA headers with the x-pipe that will connect to my BORLA ATAK cat-back.
The question is will I need a tune? Or can I just drive after the install? Will i get a check engine light?
I know is better to compliment the setup with a tune for maximum HP gains but just want to know if i can run the headers without it?
Thanks
You don't need a tune. It will have a rough idle and will throw a check engine light until it is retuned.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
See, told ya. More informed people will comment. Lol yeah, in my experience, if you remove or alter the cats you're gonna throw a cel which would require a tune to shut off the after cat O2 sensors.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
See, told ya. More informed people will comment. Lol yeah, in my experience, if you remove or alter the cats you're gonna throw a cel which would require a tune to shut off the after cat O2 sensors.
If not you'll be throwing gas into your exhaust which could be dangerous

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Get a tune....!! Before you instal...

These new Stangs need to be re-tuned if you slam the door too hard.. Remember that as you start modding..

Seriously regardless of which style mid pipe, LT headers will require a tune.. Even with stock headers/manifolds changing mid pipes will require a tune.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Get a tune....!! Before you instal...

These new Stangs need to be re-tuned if you slam the door too hard.. Remember that as you start modding..

Seriously regardless of which style mid pipe, LT headers will require a tune.. Even with stock headers/manifolds changing mid pipes will require a tune.
Did you just call my mustang "Dainty" sir?

I challenge you to partake in a display of fisty cups at dawn!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts