Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Magnaflow makes 2 different setups (not counting the magnaflow / magnapack / etc) ..

Catback and axle back are different.

Axle back = bolts onto your stock pipes

Cat back = different shape/route/approach angle for the axle back portion

I ran into this problem when I wanted to go to magnaflow vs the magnapacks (magnapacks were TOO loud/too crazy for my tastes.. couldn't even hear the blower whine, magnaflows are perfect so far)

Previous owner claimed it was just an axle back, so ordered just an axle back.. Didn't line up.. did more digging, found he'd had the full catback kit - ended up buying a full catback kit, selling the axle backs, then selling the magnapack setup

Magnaflow and Magnapack full catback kits are interchangeable but not catback piping and axle back mufflers, if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
It all depends on what you like.. .To me - it was loud inside the car and my friends could hear me coming from a mile away - the magnapack is way more high pitched / you hear any popping noises from your exhaust while decelerating / etc.. Magnaflow gives a better sound IMO, but I'm used to the mellow yet menacing tones, that still rumble when you get on it - magnapacks are just.. loud

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

I'm using a catted magnaflow xpipe, too.. I couldn't imagine the packs without cats

1 - 2 of 2 Posts