Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a 97 v6 Mustang

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=search.asp&type=bysummitpart&searchtype=both&part=FLO-1027&x=14&y=6

Thanks I ordered it without knowing it was for 99- and above

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yup, sure will. I have a set of 2002 GT Takeoffs on my car... and it fit right up with custom shop built hangars on the passenger side. The exhaust is the same. You'll be just fine :) And Welcome to the board :cooler:

·
Registered
5 Posts
What he said. hehe. They should fit with no problems. If you do the installation yourself, make sure the exhaust doesnt come into any contact with fuel lines, brake lines, anything that can melt or burn...etc. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok guys, I got this installed awhile back at Midas...I haven't had any problems with it at all except my pipes are about an inch hight difference. I took it back to Midas and they said they couldn't fix it cuz this setup was for a v8 mustang :-? So I have two tailpipes at about an inch height difference :oops:

Any way to fix this? Should I get a second opinion? :-?

·
Registered
567 Posts
go to a private exhaust shop. Mine hang at diff heights too...but thats because i switched from a stock v6 bumper to GT and now have cutouts.

·
Registered
678 Posts
thats BULLSHIT! midas can suck my balls i have gone to them with too many problems. As stated go to a private shop, just tell them, "i want the pipes aligned to each other" and they will do it...you just adjust the hangers...stupid mida morons

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
that pisses me off... the only thing (well not only but you get the point) thats different is the damn engine... basterds i tell ya

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Here's what you do.

Go to a private shop and tell them t make a custom hangar so that your exhaust pipes sit at the same height.

Proabably cost you under 30 bucks. It's a simple fix. Midas sucks horse nutz when it comes to custom setups... actually.. midas just sucks when it comes to anything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
What'd they do about the pipes between your cats and the catback? Whatever they put in there is the culprit for your pipe height difference.

Oh yeah, and can you give a parts list for what's included in that
part number? Is it basically just tailpipes?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My cousin was manager at a Midas and now he owns it,
he always did the "custom" work and even did oil changes
and other work that Midas did not do years ago. They now
ALL do oil changes, I guess corporate liked what they saw.

Midas in Terre Haute could do it easily. But most of them
are probably like the one you have :rolleyes: sucky...

Cuz even does carry in parts, has for years!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
National Muffler shops are hit and miss. When I lived in Mobile ther was a great Meineke on Government Blvd that did all my custom work. But here in Greenville and elsewhere they are expensive and dont do alot of special custom stuff. Problems most of the national shops have High employee turn over and beginners.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I went to National Muffler to see if they could straighten out my problem.

They were terrfic :-o

My pipes are now straight and look so good, the only problem I have the old cut off hanger weld marks imprinted. Midas has left there mark in my beautiful chrome tips :(

·
Premium Member
1,438 Posts
:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
mikael said:
What'd they do about the pipes between your cats and the catback? Whatever they put in there is the culprit for your pipe height difference.

Oh yeah, and can you give a parts list for what's included in that
part number? Is it basically just tailpipes?
I'll ask again since I can't find it in the flowmaster online catalog... is it
basically the tailpipes and some bits of hardware?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Mikael,

I can't really rember much about all the stuff that came in that day, I know it had one hanger and two tailpipes. I got it off of summit racing the link is at the top of this thread.

I really am enjoying it :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Mikael,

I can't really rember much about all the stuff that came in that day, I know it had one hanger and two tailpipes. I got it off of summit racing the link is at the top of this thread.

I really am enjoying it :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts