Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done a lot of reading and educated myself pretty well on my car, and I cannot figure out if this exhaust will fit with my 2003 V6. I don't mind doing a little work to get it to fit but I don't want to buy a lost cause. If anyone has any idea if this will fit please let me know. It said it's for a 95-97 V6. Thanks for the hero in advance guys.

Craigslist: Flowmaster Exhaust 95-97 Mustang V6 - $100 http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pts/3548726282.html

·
Registered
322 Posts
So I've done a lot of reading and educated myself pretty well on my car, and I cannot figure out if this exhaust will fit with my 2003 V6. I don't mind doing a little work to get it to fit but I don't want to buy a lost cause. If anyone has any idea if this will fit please let me know. It said it's for a 95-97 V6. Thanks for the hero in advance guys.

Craigslist: Flowmaster Exhaust 95-97 Mustang V6 - $100 http://sarasota.craigslist.org/pts/3548726282.html
I'm pretty sure it won't fit, I know the tailpipez and mufflers will. That ypipe is different in the 2000-2004 mustangs though. That's a super deal though, I'd jump on it and custom make an hpipe that would connect from your cats to that cat back system.

·
Registered
748 Posts
I'm pretty sure it won't fit, I know the tailpipez and mufflers will. That ypipe is different in the 2000-2004 mustangs though. That's a super deal though, I'd jump on it and custom make an hpipe that would connect from your cats to that cat back system.
sounds like a plan. mid pipe would be your only problem but its practically a steal just get a custom h pipe done (cheap) and you'll be good to go. ALWAYS go true duals!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I figured it was a good price if any of it could be used. I'm gonna call later today and see when I can make a trip over to try and get it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I called and all he has are the tail pipes, no mufflers... That's disappointing. I found this one too.. It looks used so I'll ask for your opinion on that and I'll check the condition if I go to buy it. I believe it would be about the same kind of work maybe a little less fab. I am only 17 and just trying to learn how to do everything so I don't mind being my hands dirty but I don't have much of a budget to work with.
Anyways here's the link :

Craigslist: 95 to 99 mustang dual exhaust http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/3514979277.html

·
Registered
322 Posts
So I called and all he has are the tail pipes, no mufflers... That's disappointing. I found this one too.. It looks used so I'll ask for your opinion on that and I'll check the condition if I go to buy it. I believe it would be about the same kind of work maybe a little less fab. I am only 17 and just trying to learn how to do everything so I don't mind being my hands dirty but I don't have much of a budget to work with.
Anyways here's the link :

Craigslist: 95 to 99 mustang dual exhaust http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/pts/3514979277.html
Buy that, its a complete exhaust that will bolt straight to your headers. You'll need hangers and probably 2 exhaust flanges to bolt it all in. Just make sure it doesn't have any leaks or major rust!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
i would not bolt that right up...i don't like putting used cats on a car. if your current cats are newer i'd stick with them. yeah you'll have to pay a shop about a half hour of labor to install the rest of the kit up to your current cats but it would be worth it. or if you don't live in an emission area you could hollow out all 4 of the cats in that setup and install it that way

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm leaning towards hollowing them out, just as a question how do you like the time that creates? I'll head over to YouTube to see if I can find any examples

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
gutting them? Just take them off. it's a lot easier to do.
Good point lol

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

it'll sound like any other v6 without cats...nothing to crazy
You wouldn't classify it as ricey in person though.. Right? I spent some time in YouTube and heard some that were pretty good sounding and others were riced out

·
Registered
748 Posts
Good point lol

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

You wouldn't classify it as ricey in person though.. Right? I spent some time in YouTube and heard some that were pretty good sounding and others were riced out
haha i have my cats off and i love it!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
The only thing that kills me is my SEL. It turns off and on randomly. It has something to do with bogging issues that seem to to on and off at random

1 - 20 of 21 Posts