Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
No, that is a standard rotation pump. It won't work on your car, you need a reverse rotation pump.

I searched the site for your car's water pump and they did not list any.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, that is a standard rotation pump. It won't work on your car, you need a reverse rotation pump.

I searched the site for your car's water pump and they did not list any.
Thanks, i wasnt sure if that was the one or not.. i'll look arround a bit more..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i scored my water pump from ebay. i wanna say i paid around 38$. and it was brand new in box. it also looks and works great. i have also got them from summit racing cheaper than that i believe.
yeah i just cant trust ebay lol.. but ill look on summit.. also, will a 93 5.0 water pump fit my 95 5.0?? i dont see why it wouldnt, lol but im a noob to this mustang thing..

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I personally don't recall what rotation the 95s are. When you look at summit. Use the filter tools on the left side of the page on summit racing. As long is the year is correct it will fit. You can also looks at the parts on websites and they will give you the range that the pumps fit. For instance, if it say 87-93 or 87-95 then you should have your answer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally don't recall what rotation the 95s are. When you look at summit. Use the filter tools on the left side of the page on summit racing. As long is the year is correct it will fit. You can also looks at the parts on websites and they will give you the range that the pumps fit. For instance, if it say 87-93 or 87-95 then you should have your answer.
ok cool thanks.. this is what i found.. wish i could get a ford racing one though..

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GMB-125-1920/All/

Also, since i'll have it all apart anyways, should i do a 180 degree thermostat?? ive seen people talk bout it but not sure if i should do it or not..

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I would run stock temp thermostat. 185-195 will suffice. I think stock is 193*.Some people get away with running lower but its not good for the life of your motor. Engine oil is designed to lubricate best at above 180*. If you run a cold thermostat it will take a long time to fully warm up the engine. Which will shorten the life of your motor. What you can do is run a high flow thermostat. I use a high flow miloden that I picked up from summit also for 10-12$ I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts