Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got these window louvers when I first got my car. I never put them on. I found a used set and the price was right esp since they were already painted my color.

What do you think? I mocked them up and I am undecided. I have had full scoops as well as block off plates and even the SHR recessed ones on my last car. These make the rear windows as unusable as scoops. I am aware of that and am not concerned with that so I am really just looking for an opinion on the look of them.

These are the generic ones from American Muscle. Color match is very good if not perfect.

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
I got these window louvers when I first got my car. I never put them on. I found a used set and the price was right esp since they were already painted my color.

What do you think? I mocked them up and I am undecided. I have had full scoops as well as block off plates and even the SHR recessed ones on my last car. These make the rear windows as unusable as scoops. I am aware of that and am not concerned with that so I am really just looking for an opinion on the look of them.

These are the generic ones from American Muscle. Color match is very good if not perfect.

]
pwrby4d,

I think they are a must have on the 05+. They look really great and completely transform the exterior of your Stang IMO!

It looks like the paint matches perfectly and they are snug fit, I'm really glad to hear this type of feedback! We really pride our self on our pre painted products since they are all painted in house.

-Dan

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya those are just mounted with clear package tape that I Photoshop'd out. :) I am undecided so I havent mounted anything yet but the paint match is right on!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
With my luck, one of them would blow off. They look good but they don't make the car any faster.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I think they look pretty clean on the white. Hope you decide to use them.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
They look good

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With my luck, one of them would blow off. They look good but they don't make the car any faster.
Actually I used my DPIC gauge and my 0-60 is .3 seconds faster and the top speed went up 2 MPH as well. :good::wtf Explain that? ;)

I have had full scoops on my car and did 90 mph for 100's of miles across country and not even a lift or anything. As long as you use a good quality 3m Aggressive stick automotive tape you should be good to go.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Keep them! I plan on getting a pair for my Kona Blue in the spring!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I love the louvers. I'll probably get some for mine eventually, but I really want the inset ones... but they require removing the glass. Ahhhh decisions.
I did them on my last car. Not too bad. Lots of tape and piano wire. Razor too. Who knows I may do this one with them eventually. They are pricey. I got them pre painted and the color was slightly off directly from SHR. You also need to buy the sealant and prep kit which adds to the cost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts