Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting some Window Louvers on my 2012 because I think they look pretty sick. My concern is blind spot vision since I've been prepping myself by using the blind spot mirrors since I don't have confidence in them. Can anyone who's installed them let me know their opinions?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm thinking about putting some Window Louvers on my 2012 because I think they look pretty sick. My concern is blind spot vision since I've been prepping myself by using the blind spot mirrors since I don't have confidence in them. Can anyone who's installed them let me know their opinions?
Actually, you can test this for yourself pretty easily. Cheaply, too!

Just get a couple of pieces of opaque paper, preferably a somewhat neutral color, and cut them roughly to fit the rear quarter windows and tape them up inside to block your view out of the quarter windows.

I've used file folders, construction paper, etc. to demonstrate this effect on vehicles for years when people are interested in louvers, covers, or anything else that would block vision out of a window.

This is a quick and cheap way to try out the 'blinding' effects without having to buy a set of louvers you might not end up wanting.

Be sure to use tape that won't leave a residue, and use clean paper with no 'stuff' on it that might get on the trim or headliner while you putting this all in place.

And Drive Carefully!

Good Luck!
--
FluxPrism

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
FluxPrism said:

Just get a couple of pieces of opaque paper, preferably a somewhat neutral color, and cut them roughly to fit the rear quarter windows and tape them up inside to block your view out of the quarter windows.

I've used file folders, construction paper, etc. to demonstrate this effect on vehicles for years when people are interested in louvers, covers, or anything else that would block vision out of a window.

This is a quick and cheap way to try out the 'blinding' effects without having to buy a set of louvers you might not end up wanting.

Be sure to use tape that won't leave a residue, and use clean paper with no 'stuff' on it that might get on the trim or headliner while you putting this all in place.

And Drive Carefully!

Good Luck!
--
FluxPrism
:good: :idea:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FluxPrism said:

And Drive Carefully!

Good Luck!
--
FluxPrism
Great idea. I'm sitting here feeling dumb for not thinking of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
well I got the black out for mine so yeah... lol I have a blind spot, but I trust the mirrors and usually just watch where people are and everything

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
pulling out into traffic the other day I needed my quarter windows, I was thinking what it would be like without, and it would have sucked

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SpectorV said:
pulling out into traffic the other day I needed my quarter windows, I was thinking what it would be like without, and it would have sucked
That's my concern. I've always been a mirror first then turn my head to verify driver. I like the Louvers but the risk doesn't seem to be worth it.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

MELLOWYELLOW06 said:
Here are some angles to help you visualize
Thanks. Those are pretty awesome it seems you can actually see out pretty well. You have a great looking mustang as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've driven trucks and vans for years that had absolutely no vision out of the rear quarter. I won't say it is great, but it is certainly possible and lots of people do it every day.

That said, is it worth covering up a perfectly good window just for a slight cosmetic gain in exterior appearance? Your call.

Good Luck!
--
FluxPrism

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
People need to learn to use mirrors. Can't say i've ever turned around to check...i use my mirrors

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I think the window is too small regardless. And IMO you really can't see much anyway, they sit about midway up from the passenger and driver windows...IMO you should be using your mirrors and also looking back through the rear window. Go for it. I don't think you notice a difference.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Lol I blocked off the inside of the quarter windows with the aluminum plates I think from AM and I have rear window louvers, it's not terribly hard to see out of in the day

·
Registered
366 Posts
My car has rear window louvers and there is no issue being able to see out, at night or day. But it makes it harder to see into my car :)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all. I'm pulling the trigger on them. If I don't like them I'll be selling a pair of slightly used window Louvers only dropped once in ingot silver.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks all. I'm pulling the trigger on them. If I don't like them I'll be selling a pair of slightly used window Louvers only dropped once in ingot silver.
You'll like them so much that after a week you'll be convinced the car was incomplete without them.

Let us know how they work out for you!

--
FluxPrism

1 - 19 of 19 Posts