Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am setting up my nitrous kit on my car and I was wanting to wire in a window switch. I found tons of different kinds and they all pretty much do the same thing. I went with just the nothing special summit brand digital switch but honestly I don't have the slightest clue on how to wire it in to get an accurate rpm reading.
Any ideas?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I am setting up my nitrous kit on my car and I was wanting to wire in a window switch. I found tons of different kinds and they all pretty much do the same thing. I went with just the nothing special summit brand digital switch but honestly I don't have the slightest clue on how to wire it in to get an accurate rpm reading.
Any ideas?
Go to one of the name brand Nitrous Injection sites and look for installation instructions for their window switches or just search Google for the wiring diagram. Sometimes Summit will have installation instructions with part, at the bottom of the parts page. :good:

SUMMIT Instructions

·
Registered
433 Posts
When I had mine I had it in the passenger floor board bolted to the console outta sight. If you pull the passenger side kick panel off you'll see a bundle of wires and your computer. If I'm not mistaken its a green wire maybe with a Orange stripe that should be your tach signal wire from the computer. Id research to be sure on the color wire. I had no problems with mine. Hope that helps

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Black99Snake said:
When I had mine I had it in the passenger floor board bolted to the console outta sight. If you pull the passenger side kick panel off you'll see a bundle of wires and your computer. If I'm not mistaken its a green wire maybe with a Orange stripe that should be your tach signal wire from the computer. Id research to be sure on the color wire. I had no problems with mine. Hope that helps
Yes thanks man

1 - 4 of 4 Posts