Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my windows pro done Monday. He came to my house and did it which was nice and it was the cheapest I've found in town. After he left I called him back and told him my tint looked like bubble wrap was on my windows. He told me in the cold it takes longer for the (water) bubbles to get out. I thought it looked horrible and didn't even want to drive my car. But here two days later. Almost ever bubble is out. So just a tip. If it does look bad the first couple if days. Just give it time. He said give it a month to look the way it will look forever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. I saw that online. But I have a lifetime warranty and also read online that if they can tell I did something to mess it up. They might turn me down for the warranty. But it looks pretty good now. Maybe 10 bubble altogether between the 5 windows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Tpost08 said:
Yeah. I saw that online. But I have a lifetime warranty and also read online that if they can tell I did something to mess it up. They might turn me down for the warranty. But it looks pretty good now. Maybe 10 bubble altogether between the 5 windows.
Could use a scwegge or however it is spelled to guide the water out
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scream said:
Could use a scwegge or however it is spelled to guide the water out
It's all good now. And the window tint really set off the car. Couldn't be happier with it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
Tpost08 said:
So I got my windows pro done Monday. He came to my house and did it which was nice and it was the cheapest I've found in town. After he left I called him back and told him my tint looked like bubble wrap was on my windows. He told me in the cold it takes longer for the (water) bubbles to get out. I thought it looked horrible and didn't even want to drive my car. But here two days later. Almost ever bubble is out. So just a tip. If it does look bad the first couple if days. Just give it time. He said give it a month to look the way it will look forever.
Nice!!!!!! I love my tint and mine was bubbly and not very transparent at first but it cleared up within a few days. The guys told me to let it sit outside during the day to let help it dry.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Is this the first car you have had tinted?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
I have mine tinted at 18%... And ever since ive had them it looks like waterspots on the window. I have tried everything to get it off and nothing seems to work. Even the place that tinted it said they had no idea what it is and they tried fixing it and were unsuccessful. Any ideas?
 

·
ME Bloodhound
Joined
·
14,699 Posts
V6in said:
I have mine tinted at 18%... And ever since ive had them it looks like waterspots on the window. I have tried everything to get it off and nothing seems to work. Even the place that tinted it said they had no idea what it is and they tried fixing it and were unsuccessful. Any ideas?
Get your money back and find a new shop would be what I would do
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
881 Posts
V6in said:
I have mine tinted at 18%... And ever since ive had them it looks like waterspots on the window. I have tried everything to get it off and nothing seems to work. Even the place that tinted it said they had no idea what it is and they tried fixing it and were unsuccessful. Any ideas?
Had to take mine back and get it redone. Guy figured he would clean my windows and sit around and bs with me for 3 hours with his bay doors open on a nice windy day. So I gave the tint a week to settle down, and then it looked like my windows had herpes cause of all the dust trapped under the tint.
So I took it back, had it redone. Except this time, I took it back on a rainy day. Rain settled all the dust. Bay doors down. I sat in the waiting room, but still took him 3 hours.
Tint came out good. It's not 100% right. But if you notice the very minute imperfections, then you are too close to my car and need to back the eff up lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
223 Posts
I'm looking to have my tint done on my 2011 GT/CS but am concerned that it's not warm enough for it to cure properly. I live in central Ohio, and the average temperature for the next month will roughly be 40-50 degrees during the day.
I had this done to another car a few years ago, when it was even colder, and I wasn't happy with the results. There were small blotches of what looked like the window film adhesive everywhere. They were small, but I noticed it.
Thoughts? I have an unheated garage that I park in, but even so I wonder if it would set up properly and cure.

Also, what's everyone paying for a good tint job where they live? I'm getting quotes and wonder what the cost may be on this car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
I've been considering getting my windows tinted, but what is a good cheap price? I don't want to get completely ripped off because I don't know how much I should be paying.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
IanM said:
I'm looking to have my tint done on my 2011 GT/CS but am concerned that it's not warm enough for it to cure properly. I live in central Ohio, and the average temperature for the next month will roughly be 40-50 degrees during the day.
I had this done to another car a few years ago, when it was even colder, and I wasn't happy with the results. There were small blotches of what looked like the window film adhesive everywhere. They were small, but I noticed it.
Thoughts? I have an unheated garage that I park in, but even so I wonder if it would set up properly and cure.

Also, what's everyone paying for a good tint job where they live? I'm getting quotes and wonder what the cost may be on this car.
I got my tinted when the low was low 0 or upper 20 something. It doesn't matter too much. The guys will be applying it in a heated garage probably. If you can park outside in direct sun it will help a lot.

PRoss.20 said:
I've been considering getting my windows tinted, but what is a good cheap price? I don't want to get completely ripped off because I don't know how much I should be paying.
I got mine done for $150 I was told that's about the lowest a shop can go and make a profit. I had one place quote me $220. Stay away from groupon deals on tint. I got a groupon that was $75 for 4 Windows. The guy always had an excuse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
99ford said:
I got my tinted when the low was low 0 or upper 20 something. It doesn't matter too much. The guys will be applying it in a heated garage probably. If you can park outside in direct sun it will help a lot.

I got mine done for $150 I was told that's about the lowest a shop can go and make a profit. I had one place quote me $220. Stay away from groupon deals on tint. I got a groupon that was $75 for 4 Windows. The guy always had an excuse.
Also what's a good % tint amount? What's the limit? I'm looking for dark but not insanely dark if that makes sense
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My bubble finally went away. I paid 130 and he came to me and did it in my drive way. He was the cheapest in town. I got 25% on front two windows and 5% on back windows. Looks very good. And I have a lifetime warranty. Try and get that so if they mess up and say its not there fault. You can throw that at them. Also. Let cute for at least a month before contacting them back. Water bubbles need time in the sun and heat. Air bubbles on the other hand. Won't go away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
598 Posts
IanM said:
I'm looking to have my tint done on my 2011 GT/CS but am concerned that it's not warm enough for it to cure properly. I live in central Ohio, and the average temperature for the next month will roughly be 40-50 degrees during the day.
I had this done to another car a few years ago, when it was even colder, and I wasn't happy with the results. There were small blotches of what looked like the window film adhesive everywhere. They were small, but I noticed it.
Thoughts? I have an unheated garage that I park in, but even so I wonder if it would set up properly and cure.

Also, what's everyone paying for a good tint job where they live? I'm getting quotes and wonder what the cost may be on this car.
Wait till it warms up some. It really helps in the longevity of ur tint. But if you find a reputable shop that has been around awhile. You can get it done while its cold and Usually you'll get a lifetime warranty and they will fix the tint if anything happens. But make sure the shop had been around awhile so that they can follow through on your lifetime warranty. And probably $250 for tint on all of the windows. Also depends a lot on the area you live
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
PRoss.20 said:
Also what's a good % tint amount? What's the limit? I'm looking for dark but not insanely dark if that makes sense
I'm at 35% (darkest for Mississippi legally) paid 140 it's dark but you can see inside still it's pretty decent to me I'll try and take a pic today
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,120 Posts
PRoss.20 said:
Also what's a good % tint amount? What's the limit? I'm looking for dark but not insanely dark if that makes sense
The limit varies by state so in Georgia it is 32% without a medical waiver. With the waiver it's 25% +/- 5% so I'm at 20% and I love it.

I'd go 20% regardless of the waiver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
421 Posts
My dad won't let me get it cause he says it makes the car look Terrible and that it's illegal even tho I live in mass and the limit is 35%, he still says It won't pass inspection which think it will. Any thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Tpost08 said:
So I got my windows pro done Monday. He came to my house and did it which was nice and it was the cheapest I've found in town. After he left I called him back and told him my tint looked like bubble wrap was on my windows. He told me in the cold it takes longer for the (water) bubbles to get out. I thought it looked horrible and didn't even want to drive my car. But here two days later. Almost ever bubble is out. So just a tip. If it does look bad the first couple if days. Just give it time. He said give it a month to look the way it will look forever.
Got any pics of the finished product?
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top