Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. Well I'm pretty sure it's my window because when I'm driving I can hear something like air getting through a very little crack. And it's only around 45 mph and up. But this morning when I got it. I had a decent amount of water on my windshield on the inside. It rained last night. But it's also around 40 degrees this morning. Why I said truck in the post was because I did back into something and got a lot of stuff back there replaced. So I don't know if it is coming from there either. Is there something I can buy to fix the leak on the window though. I have a 2012 gt premium.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Ok. Well I'm pretty sure it's my window because when I'm driving I can hear something like air getting through a very little crack. And it's only around 45 mph and up. But this morning when I got it. I had a decent amount of water on my windshield on the inside. It rained last night. But it's also around 40 degrees this morning. Why I said truck in the post was because I did back into something and got a lot of stuff back there replaced. So I don't know if it is coming from there either. Is there something I can buy to fix the leak on the window though. I have a 2012 gt premium.
Take it too the dealer... They'll pull the windshield and reseal it.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. I figured that would be best to do. But I bought it a couple cities over which is about 2 hours away. And I've been in a wreck. So I didn't know if my local dealer would do that. They may say the wreck caused it. Or that they are not my dealer.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Alright. I figured that would be best to do. But I bought it a couple cities over which is about 2 hours away. And I've been in a wreck. So I didn't know if my local dealer would do that. They may say the wreck caused it. Or that they are not my dealer.
You can go to any ford dealer. Just don't mention the wreck. It shouldn't have affected the windshield damaging the trunk.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can go to any ford dealer. Just don't mention the wreck. It shouldn't have affected the windshield damaging the trunk.
I think it's my driver side window that is leaking. At the very bottom corner. It looks like the rubber part the window slides beside does not touch the window.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I think it's my driver side window that is leaking. At the very bottom corner. It looks like the rubber part the window slides beside does not touch the window.
Ugh... How big of an accident were you in?

If someone hit you, I would have gone through Insurance since it would be their fault.

Maybe bent frame?

Put up pics of where the gap is and how bad it is.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Yeah pictures would be nice. I guess I looked through too fast and saw the windshield part.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Very bottom it looks like its not touching. Not a bad wreck either. I mean I was going like 7 mph and back into something.
Mine looks pretty close... But there isn't any actual gap... But it wouldn't take much to expose it to allow water in...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts