Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I let my window down and went for a ride. I made it back to the house & only the passenger side would go up. I swapped the switches still nothing. Fuses look good. I do not know what else to look for... maybe a motor? Please help!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Does the motor still make noise? If it does it's the switch is bad. If the motor doesn't its the motor and you can test it by pulling your door panel unplug the motor hook the motor up to the battery And if it rolls up or down its good if not replace it

·
Registered
85 Posts
I had the same problem, I actually bought my mustang with the window stuck down. Anyways the motor wasn't making any noise so I thought it was shot had a buddy who is an electrician try a bunch of stuff with no luck, his neighbor comes over because he is a mustang enthusiast and saw us working on it, he goes to unhook the motor so we can manually roll the window up and BAM it started working, somehow the gears locked up or something, but ass soon as he loosened the motor bolts it started working. So give that a try.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Happened to me, hold the button for the direction you want it to go and close your door kinda hard and wa-la its goes up

·
Registered
297 Posts
02 360R said:
I let my window down and went for a ride. I made it back to the house & only the passenger side would go up. I swapped the switches still nothing. Fuses look good. I do not know what else to look for... maybe a motor? Please help!
Hit the door!!!!! Happend to my friend today just pound the door a bit till it goes back up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've had this problem constantly especially in the summer i think its caused by the window motor getting overheated if you put it in the shade and wait it usually works or take the door panel off and I've had too before undo the bolts that hold the window motor on and that seems to unjam it hope this helps

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Sometimes I hold door open and try. That's how I do my passenger window everyday. Think its pretty common problem. I've taken apart and cleaned everything and nothing. I've heard hold down button and hit door too.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vegas97gt said:
Does the motor still make noise? If it does it's the switch is bad. If the motor doesn't its the motor and you can test it by pulling your door panel unplug the motor hook the motor up to the battery And if it rolls up or down its good if not replace it
Motor does not make a sound. I tried beating the door. Still nothing. I removed the switches and tried everything I can think of and NOTHING! I haven't tried the motor and a jumper wire to the battery though. I'll try it in a few.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Take door panel off , push upwards on window switch and tap motor with a hammer at the same time your pushing button

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woo hoo!!!! It's working! Removed the door panel and gave it a few bumps and magic happened! Thanks to everyone for your great advise! That window really had my spirits down.

·
Premium Member
25,461 Posts
as said, slam/hit the door a couple times and try and repeat. The window motor is going bad~ they like to do that :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try opening the door and roll it up? On mine the wiring in the door must have had a kink in it cus it broke at the door and created a short but mine the passenger side wouldn’t roll up unless I had the driver door open.. strange place for a break but these cars have some strange issues with them

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Welcome Jasmish76, and thank you for joining MustangEvolution!
Please read the Site Rules if you haven’t already.
I encourage you to complete your Account Settings.
Do you need help posting? Please read this FAQ.

We’re happy you’ve chosen to join our community.

Just as an FYI, the post you replied to was from 2012 and the poster hasn’t been on here since 2016.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts