Mustang Evolution Forum banner

401 - 411 of 411 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #401
Lol nice, I remember when those were THE boards to have. And that CPU validator link is cool to see in case I need to prove to someone it actually went that fast, honestly nobody ever believed me on any forums when I told them that the chip I have has been that fast. But I don't really go on overclockers much anymore so meh. It'll be fine on big air at 4.6ghz for 1080p games via a Steamlink paired with my other R9 290.

What I really do need is to finally get a HOTAS. I might be one of the only ppl who is not thrilled with the TH16000 and the matching throttle...but you can't beat it for the money. I hear Logitech has upped the quality of the Rhino and that one has all the bells and whistles including two thumbsticks. Its sold out everywhere tho...The Warthog is super overpriced IMO and CH is great but is godawful to look at and you need pedals with both of them.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #402
Welp, cheap ass Spanish/Euro brand "Mars Gaming" parts and my spare parts=9TB 24/7 server that has been up and running 3 days now. Giant fractal case seems very overkill now lol. Next one I might scale it way down to a mini or micro case because by that time I'm sure I'll be replacing my GPU as well.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #403
So this black friday forget what is gonna come out in X years or months because that is always gonna be a thing... what is THE card to get if I want to maximize this gen 3 ryzen and a HTC Vive?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Currently a 2080ti ... by the end of this year, either a 3080ti or whatever the new AMD high end card will be.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #405
Gotcha, hopefully the new AMD is good because I like freesync... if not I guess it'd be time for a nice gsync monitor maybe in a 16:9 ratio 1440p...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The 10xx series and newer from Nvidia support freesync... just not officially.

Also, just built a 3700x and a 5700XT for a customer... that card is seriously impressive for the $400 price tag.

Here is a 3DMark comparison of my system with 2080ti vs a stock 5700XT -

Firestrike - Result

Timespy - Result

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #407
Yeah I'm not spending $1k+ for the 2080ti tho... I might just grab that 5700XT on BF. Games I play the most now most of them run well on 1 fury and Elite and GTA5 are good with crossfire. But... I know going forward I'm about EOL for usefulness of the Fury(ies) and one of them would be a major upgrade for my wife from basically nothing and my kid on the R9 290 would definitely see a bump... or I could sell them... ppl still want them probably for almost or as much as I paid for them in 2014 ($230 shipped each).

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
The Fury cards are selling for more than I figured they would .. but market stagnation will do that. Also, people seem to have a liking for older AMD cards. Maybe they enjoy that AMD fine wine technology or something. I'm not certain what the next gen will bring but I think with AMD back in the game, Nvidia isn't going to stop with a 30% faster card, rumor is they are going to unleash a monster card ... the full die (Titan class) is rumored to have 8192 Cuda cores ... the current Titan only has 4608 Cuda cores, not to mention how much they are going to bump up all the other aspects of the card (Tensor cores, memory system, etc..). So if true ... the next gen RTX cards could obsolete just about everything else overnight.

That said, AMD has already announced that their big RDNA2 card is going to be 30 - 50% faster than the 2080ti. AMD has been completely honest about Ryzen performance and nobody believed it. Now Intel is in a bad spot for the next few years because they have nothing to compete against Ryzen. I don't think Nvidia is going to underestimate AMD like Intel did, the GPU market is going to get crazy around the end of summer into fall .. assuming Covid or a world leader doesn't kill all of us first.

You might be able to sell the 290 and one of the Fury cards and have enough to jump up to a 5700XT without spending much out of pocket.

Also ... VR doesn't support SLI/CFX. Which is about the most retarded thing ever, seeing that it would be perfect for it.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Yeah VR is next for me with a Vive although I've been spending so much money on my Mustang and RC planes I need to hit the brakes lol. The good news is I guess if these monster cards come out the older stuff will be cheaper and I do not need something more than the ones out currently right now. Starting to get into MS Flight simulator more and DCS World. Finally picked up a decent HOTAS in the way of the Thrustmaster T16000/Throttle/Pedals setup. Now I just need to come up with a good clamp setup for the stick and throttle and fab something up so the rudder pedals don't move. I'm limited as I have to make it work around my current desk so it'll probably be some homebrew thing which is fine.

·
Super Moderator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #411
Banned him and his other 5 profiles...

Reactions: crjackson2134
401 - 411 of 411 Posts