Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm really not sure where to go here, but all fuses are fine, and it once worked. the windshield wipers no longer wipe at all, they did here and there when i moved the switch from low speed to high speed. it usually gave me one interval of the windshield wiper going back and forth. now nothing, is it the switch? the wiper fluid still sprays out but the wipers do not activate. Any help would be appreciated! on a V6 1999 3.8L

·
Premium Member
6,003 Posts
I would take a good look at the switch and go from there. Have you checked to see if you're getting power to the wiper motor?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever get this fixed? I had a similar issue after I ran new speaker wire. The radio and wipers share a fuse and a ground, I had a wire behind the radio blowing the fuse, even though it did not appear blown. The ground I believe is under the left hand passenger side. If your radio works, it could be the motor (which is my guess), the switch, or one of the relays. Also check your fuses under the hood by the relays. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pull out the ol meter and see what's not getting power and trace it. I'd check to see if power is getting to the switch, relay and motor. Somewhere in that line you will find something isn't getting power. If you were getting intermittent issues like that while swapping speeds I would DEFINITELY look at the switch. Sounds like it's not getting a good connection/ground

1 - 4 of 4 Posts