Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I've had this much trouble with any other car before with the windshield.

So in the morning I come out to frost on the windshield. I use my scraper and clean it off. Then right after it will fog back up and refreeze on the outside.

My car is really loud so I try and leave right away and bother the neighbors as little as possible.

Anyone else having this problem or just me?

Making me consider a car cover to see if that will stop it.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jukens said:
Same problem. Can't stand it. Don't know how to fix it. Even put antifog and it didn't help
I thought about doing that but I posted here first wondering if someone had already tried it. I hate having to stop right after starting down the road because I am blind and have to get out and scrape the windshield again, only to have it happen a 3rd time. Doesn't stop until my car starts blowing hot air on the windshield.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KARgt13 said:
Have you tried de-icer wiper fluid? If it's just a real thin layer of ice it'll melt it quickly.
I have not. I'll have to look into this.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have not. I'll have to look into this.
It's possible you don't even need to. Most fluids are rated for up to -20 degrees or something like that. So I just spray it on, sometimes for a few seconds, and then the wipers take care of the rest. You might have to do it two or three times but it works.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KARgt13 said:
It's possible you don't even need to. Most fluids are rated for up to -20 degrees or something like that. So I just spray it on, sometimes for a few seconds, and then the wipers take care of the rest. You might have to do it two or three times but it works.
I'll try that tomorrow thanks for the info. Didn't think to try that.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Haven't tried it, just seen it on TV yesterday.

Its some stuff in a can( like spray paint) you just spray it on your windshield and instantly melts ice. Its $19.99 a can but they double your order, so 2 cans.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdavis96gt said:
Haven't tried it, just seen it on TV yesterday.

Its some stuff in a can( like spray paint) you just spray it on your windshield and instantly melts ice. Its $19.99 a can but they double your order, so 2 cans.
So you go out after the ice spray this stuff and ice gone? That is kinda cool.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KARgt13 said:
So did this...the fluid once on the windshield would freeze instantly. So it'd spray wipe the few times it does, then freeze then the car would do the courtesy wipe.

Pretty ridiculous.

Had to do it a few times this morning to make it until my car got warm enough.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Think outside the box...

I put a black trash bag on my windshield under the wipers. Take the bag off, crank the car up and gone

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lowflyn said:
Think outside the box...

I put a black trash bag on my windshield under the wipers. Take the bag off, crank the car up and gone
Yeahhhhhh my neighborhood would not allow that haha. They already hate where I park my car. Much less it being out front with a trash bag on the windshield.

I agree it is a good idea and if I lived elsewhere I would.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
lowflyn said:
Think outside the box...

A guy I used to work with did the same thing. He kept a sheet of plastic in the trunk. He'd lay it out over the windshield and secure it tightly with each door.

·
Registered
720 Posts
So did this...the fluid once on the windshield would freeze instantly. So it'd spray wipe the few times it does, then freeze then the car would do the courtesy wipe.

Pretty ridiculous.

Had to do it a few times this morning to make it until my car got warm enough.
Keep the blower off until you're running a few minutes. But yea, I also struggled this morning. I don't know what fluid is in mine I'm sure the factory stuff is junk. PA sucks.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
KARgt13 said:
Keep the blower off until you're running a few minutes. But yea, I also struggled this morning. I don't know what fluid is in mine I'm sure the factory stuff is junk. PA sucks.
Yeah I have the factory stuff. I actually didn't have any air on it to start and it would still freeze.

My windshield gets way colder than my aide windows or rear window does.

Kinda weird...

They all get equally covered though.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Yeah I have the factory stuff. I actually didn't have any air on it to start and it would still freeze.

My windshield gets way colder than my aide windows or rear window does.

Kinda weird...

They all get equally covered though.
Whenever I need to refill my fluid I'll get the fluid I normally use in my other car and see if that works better and let you know. Since that will probably take forever I'll most likely just try to waste it my whole way home from work.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts