Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
It looks like vap stopped selling the kits. You can check the classifieds or you local salvage yard. Youll also need to track down all the other parts you will need for the swap.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I have a friend who's going to start making kits, not sure on how long it's going to take, but yeah junkyards have lots of'em usually

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend who's going to start making kits, not sure on how long it's going to take, but yeah junkyards have lots of'em usually
What do I need just the upper intake and what year van do I take it from? I got a 04 can some one make me a list please thanks.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
OP: I have a write-up saved on my laptop if you wish I cold email it to you, pm me your email

As for the kits he said he'll make it clear a stock hood, hasn't said anything about a price yet that I know of though

·
Registered
91 Posts
That would be great! :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm the guy who is considering doing the intake kits. I did the swap and have an actual receipt list of everything needed. Right now, I just need to get a drill press and then I'll start making them. They're decently clean. Not as clean as VAP because I don't have a machine shop, but I'll see if I can look up a decent picture of it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got a good question! Can you ship to Canada? (hope so)

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
So I know It's a little close but it does clear... how do I know? Because I'm using the stock hood.

And no, its not notched or cut on the bottom.
I wasnt talking about the hood, I was talking about it fitting under my strut tower brace, which itself touches the hood liner ever so slightly.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I wasnt talking about the hood, I was talking about it fitting under my strut tower brace, which itself touches the hood liner ever so slightly.
Here's what you'd end up having to do.

As you can see, you would have to notch the strut tower brace, which to be honest, I don't know if it will affect the integrity of the strut tower brace itself. Now I've heard that the New Edges have a relatively stick body comparing to other models, however, ,I don't have any graphs or charts proving so.

I suppose you could also add spacers beneath where the strut tower brace mounts, but at that point, the weakness at the mounting point is going to grow exponentially and probably negate any benefit you'd be getting from it. Might have to remove your hood liner too.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
The BBK strut tower brace clears a Windstar intake I know

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Hmm, I may have a custom brace made for fit around the intake. But its all really a moot point until I can get my hands on a good windstar kit. So for now my brace gets to stay!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
if you custom make one take a look at the wrap around styles for GT500's..their bar is made to go behind the blower and clear the stock hood.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts