Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can i use my stock 3.8 throttle body? Or i have to swap to 65mm? I shaved off the top were the iac should sit can i bypass with out a iac? Lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
The 3.8 TB won't bolt up the same, I took the internals of the 3.8 TB and put them in the windstar TB, or I think you can just get the bigger one

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so i have to get a gt tb frm a 99-04 right? Will the tb connect correctly? For the pcv the bung that goes on the bottom do you know the size of it?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ok so i have to get a gt tb frm a 99-04 right? Will the tb connect correctly? For the pcv the bung that goes on the bottom do you know the size of it?
Needs to be 01-04 GT Throttle body if I remember correctly, because the throttle cable changed 99-00 to 01-04. The place where the throttle cable connects to the throttle body changed. I am not sure what you mean about the PCV bung, but I know that the PCV hose is 5/8".

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Peep my pics in my album so u can see my progress bro and wat i mean bung is wen u tap into the bottom for the iac im almost done just confused on the vac hoses part i plan on bypass of pcv and also keeping iac in stock location just make a custom plate for iac and just extend tb wire i picked up a pigtail and extra wire from the junk yard today

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Can i use my stock 3.8 throttle body? Or i have to swap to 65mm? I shaved off the top were the iac should sit can i bypass with out a iac? Lol
since you're remote mounting iac you can just shave the top of a mustang tb and use it they bolt up just fine except the iac ports don't line up (not a problem in your case)

Needs to be 01-04 GT Throttle body if I remember correctly, because the throttle cable changed 99-00 to 01-04. The place where the throttle cable connects to the throttle body changed. I am not sure what you mean about the PCV bung, but I know that the PCV hose is 5/8".
gt stays the same from 99-04, it's the sixxer's tb's that change 99-00 and 01-04, since OP's is a 2000 he would have to swap to a gt throttle cable to use their tb

iac hose is 5/8" pcv is a little 3/8" line like factory

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I paid $35 at local yard

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
****.....lol ok il switch the bungs i bought today tmrw at auto zone for a 5/8 hopefully they switch me the hose size cuz i got 3/8th if not o well extra vaccum hose to have lying around i also need breathers do u kno the size lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well

1st-windstar intake
2nd-vaccume hose as you read 5/8 is best for your iac 3/8 is for your pcv
3rd-you need a 90* 1/2 bung for the underside behind the tb
4th-if your gana relocate the iac you must shave the top were it would normally sit also if your going to use your mustang tb you need to shave the iac port check out my photo album you will see my progress
5th you need to extend the tb pigtail and maybe your iac depends were you plan on keeping it if its stock location dnt worry but if your goin to have it nxt to ur c.a.i extend the wire also

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yours looks sweet you said it was easy right? Do you ever take te motor out or anything... I wanna do it I'm just scared plus my old cai will be useless

1 - 20 of 42 Posts