Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Had the same exact question. I plan on doing the swap, but I don't know what I need exactly. I went to the junkyard today and I found a windstar. I succeeded in taking the intake off but there was some cables on the backside (drivers side for the stang) of the intake and I didn't know what to cut and what not to break. Not thread jacking, just adding more info to get a better response :D

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
No first hand experience with it but from what I've read it basically replaces your stock intake. Gives your engine cooler air like a CAI. I read somewhere that you'll have to do an egr delete and it might not fit under the stock hood. Which is fine cause I think the raised cowl hoods look sick on our new edges. It's not a basic swap where you just take off the old and put in the new. It's much more complicated.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You can either do egr delete or grab the relocation bracket from the windstar and do some modifying to the piping. It's better than your stock intake because it's plastic keeps the air cooler and the design and length of the long runners make for more efficient airflow into the lower intake. You'll need to custom make a throttle rig as well as a spot to put your coil pack. Your gona have to swap the internals of the mustang TB into the windstar one. You'll have to extend the wires for iac and TB. Either cowl hood to fit the iac in its stock location on top or relocate it on the bottom. Tubing for all the vacuum lines and what not. Thats all I can think of right now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts