Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys a chick asked me at work why her car makes this wine on acceleration and I said I could be either water pump, alternator, or powerstering. But really don't know what you guys think???

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or could be her rear end
Front end really ha ha it's not a pony car really I just thought maybe someone could be more helpful than me... Oh and I told her to check fluid levels and she said she did. She's pretty smart when it comes to cars unlike most women ha ha lol not trying to be bias or sexist...

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
It can be a power steering pump. That would be heard while idling and turning the wheel. Can be the alternator making noise, possible diode going bad. Or could be what happened to me which was a idler pulley. Idler pulley sounds like a squeak at first but the bearings seize and then it begins a whine. Which later on becomes a very loud high pitched whine. If i were her id tell her to spray some wd40 on the idler pulley bolt area where the bearing is. If it goes away that's the culprit. Can be water pump but pump would make a grinding noise more or less.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts