Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm looking at doing a wing delete.

Any tips or advice? I have literally no idea where to begin the process.

Also, I want to remove my door strips and would love advice or tips for that as well.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
to remove wing....take socket and unbolt wing...plug holes with nylon plugs from hardware store...clean area where the wing was

for the side strips usually some fishing line will saw through the 3m tape easily and leave the least amount of damage...then get residue off with goo gone

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
to remove wing....take socket and unbolt wing...plug holes with nylon plugs from hardware store...clean area where the wing was

for the side strips usually some fishing line will saw through the 3m tape easily and leave the least amount of damage...then get residue off with goo gone
Awesome!

Thank you!

·
Registered
535 Posts
A heat gun is the easiest and best way to remove adhesives. See if a buddy has one or a local auto parts store to borrow. I've heard of people using a hair dryer on max and a small work area and peeling it up, also I don't see how you can damage the paint as it won't get hot enough to cause harm. As mentioned the nylon plug method is a good temporary fix. Try that out and if you like it get a repaint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts