Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone kno how to get the winshield wiper arms off of a 04 gt. Not the blades but the arms. They need painting

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Im sure someone will correct me if im wrong but i assume there is a nut holding them down to the arm u remove the nut and remove the wiper arm

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well I have a 99 and put wiper deletes on and to take mine off you need to lift the wipers up and then there is a little lever you pull and they pull off.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The nut is underneath I need to actually get to the nut. Not sure how the lever works

·
Registered
53 Posts
Maybe they are different but the 99 is really easy to take of and put on. No nut, just the little lever, you pull out and takes the pressure of the stud so you can pull it off

·
Registered
704 Posts
Lift the wiper arm up, see that little bent-looking sideways pin on the anterior side? It's a horizontal bar opposite the wiper cowl, see it now? Right at the base of the arm where it connects to the spindle. Pull that. Lift arm. Done.

When you replace it, PLEASE rotate the arm 2 or 3 spines down and make your arms flush with the cowl. They look ridiculous sitting halfway up into the window.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts