Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any please give me info on a windstar so i can go to my local junkyards i have a 04 mustang 3.9.. what year and car can i look for to get the windstar intake and what else i need to install..

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
you get it from the 96-98 year model vans

grab the intake itself

the egr bracket (sits between egr valve and lower intake) you'll need this if you plan to keep egr since it requires a lower bracket with this intake

the throttle body

and you can grab the IAC if you want, but the question is do you have a taller hood or do you plan to remote mount the IAC for it to work?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
you have to make a bracket to hold it somewhere else, then attach a fitting to the intake to run a line to IAC for the air discharge and then run a line to the intake pipe for the air the IAC needs to suck in VAP has pictures of everything so you have an idea of what you have to make

·
Registered
280 Posts
I already have a windstar but just out of curiosity does the length of the hoses you use to achieve this effect the i.a.c operation in any way? For a radical example say if i wanted to extend the harness and vac lines to my trunk would it still work the same or is there a limit to the amount of hose you can use?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
l2plagears said:
I already have a windstar but just out of curiosity does the length of the hoses you use to achieve this effect the i.a.c operation in any way? For a radical example say if i wanted to extend the harness and vac lines to my trunk would it still work the same or is there a limit to the amount of hose you can use?
Yeah I don't think it would idle right from back there lol keep it generally close to the front of the motor and nothing should happen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts