Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I live in Pa right outside of Philadelphia, winter is cold and snow is hit or miss. Now my bother does not drive his car from December till march and what he does is he takes his valve covers off and unbolts his rocker arms so the valves aren't open for 4 months without being turned on.

Now my question is, my car will sit for about 2 months, would that be good for myself to unbolt my rocker arms or just go out once a week Nd start the car up?

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
I haven't heard of that being neccesary. :confused: I also don't think if you properly winterize it, that it will be neccesary to start it up once a week. But I usually do on mine. All though I won't be this winter until I get some new.lifters. if trojan sees this I know he has a good winterizing technique I have read a few times.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Ok I live in Pa right outside of Philadelphia, winter is cold and snow is hit or miss. Now my bother does not drive his car from December till march and what he does is he takes his valve covers off and unbolts his rocker arms so the valves aren't open for 4 months without being turned on.

Now my question is, my car will sit for about 2 months, would that be good for myself to unbolt my rocker arms or just go out once a week Nd start the car up?
On a stock engine I wouldn't worry about it too much, but on a performance engine with higher pressure springs it's a good idea.
Might save you the cost of replacing the springs because some were compressed all winter and lost their strength.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trojan Horse said:
On a stock engine I wouldn't worry about it too much, but on a performance engine with higher pressure springs it's a good idea.
Might save you the cost of replacing the springs because some were compressed all winter and lost their strength.
Well my block is bored .040 over, and I have the Edelbrock RPM heads with 1.7 rockers

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Well my block is bored .040 over, and I have the Edelbrock RPM heads with 1.7 rockers
I would loosen or remove the rockers on those heads and let the valves close completely on all cylinders.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts