Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am installing my pioneer Avh-p1400dvd and I am currently connecting the wiring harness from the head unit to the harness that will plug into mine in my 2004 GT. My question is about the orange illumination wire and the orange and black dimmer (ground) wire. The harness for the pioneer has one orange/white wire that says connect to lighting switch terminal.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Where does the orange/black wire connect to? Can I just connect it to the normal ground wire?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nevermind. I figured it out. The orange/white goes to the orange. The orange/black is not needed. In case anyone needs to know in the future.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Depends on if u have mach 460 or 1000 i just hooked up my sony yesterday sounds even better with the new stereo so good im keepen the stock tweeters and speakers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks man. Yeah, I got it all set up now. It does sound better for sure. I'm keeping the stock as well. And I am adding two kicker comp L7 10s tomorrow. Would have done it at the same time as the stereo installation had it not been for the continuous rain.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Primer315 said:
Thanks man. Yeah, I got it all set up now. It does sound better for sure. I'm keeping the stock as well. And I am adding two kicker comp L7 10s tomorrow. Would have done it at the same time as the stereo installation had it not been for the continuous rain.
When i get my subs i want the box that has the mustang on it idk if it fits 01-04 but fits 99-00 if you have one of those 2 years

1 - 6 of 6 Posts