Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've tried to get help a couple times on a Ford truck forum I'm on with no luck. Really was just wanting opinions and thoughts from people that have used American Autowire harnesses. If you think the quality is good.... if the switches (if you ordered them with it) are any good or if I bought the wrong brand.

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crickets... lol. Next on the list, anyone know of an overdrive transmission that'll go good behind an fe engine?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ups truck dropped off the harness yesterday. Just by looking it over I'm pleased with the purchase. Everything is labeled nicely and all the new switches seem nice, not cheap lookin.

Still hoping for some thoughts on the efi. Anyone?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got around to the wiring harness. The diagrams are a little lacking and kinda throws you all over the place though I am pleased.

Still hoping for some efi reviews from you guys, I'd like to try one out but I might end up using my old carb.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Nice. Just saw this thread. You should have went with a painless harness, I use them alot, easy installs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. Just saw this thread. You should have went with a painless harness, I use them alot, easy installs.

Thanks for the input, I know you've done several just by reading your posts on here. I'll give them a shot next time for sure. Got a fox to jump on after I finish my ole truck.

Do you have any input on the efi? I like what I've read but haven't talked with anyone thats actually used one.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I have never personally used that EFI setup. I have used the holley with great results, I assume the one you posted is similar,

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
crickets... lol. Next on the list, anyone know of an overdrive transmission that'll go good behind an fe engine?
I'm not aware of any overdrive automatic transmission that will bolt directly to an FE engine. Someone must make an adapter to bolt up a modern overdrive transmission of some sort though.
A company such as Advance Adapters likely has a selection of transmission adapters for the FE engines. I'd find out what is available and go from there.
Another, more costly and complex way to add an overdrive, is to run a Gear Vendors overdrive behind a C6 transmission.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not aware of any overdrive automatic transmission that will bolt directly to an FE engine. Someone must make an adapter to bolt up a modern overdrive transmission of some sort though.
A company such as Advance Adapters likely has a selection of transmission adapters for the FE engines. I'd find out what is available and go from there.
Another, more costly and complex way to add an overdrive, is to run a Gear Vendors overdrive behind a C6 transmission.
Before I decided to ditch the auto I did do some looking into gear vendors. They have a lot of great reviews. The price definitely is steep.

For now I guess I'll stick with the granny low 4 speed that came with the 4x4 3/4 ton frame I bought. Maybe one day I'll get the money and time to throw a 5 or 6 speed out of a superduty in it.

I got my frame sandblasted and rhino lined, f100 torn apart and cab sitting on the new frame with some rust holes cut out and welded up. Planning on stabbing the engine and getting more of the wiring done this weekend.

Thanks for the advice! 👍

Sent from my LGL84VL using Mustang Evolution mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts