Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Well they have a kit. At vapauto or get a junkyard one and you put it as the upper intake but you need to figure how to set up the other parts of the engine gains are less weight for front end,cooler upper intaker, gain of 7-15 HP

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kickerofdoom said:
Well they have a kit. At vapauto or get a junkyard one and you put it as the upper intake but you need to figure how to set up the other parts of the engine gains are less weight for front end,cooler upper intaker, gain of 7-15 HP
What u mean set up other parts of the engine? Lol

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
i've got a write-up saved to my computer for the junkyard swap if you want it, pm me your email and i'll send it to you.......

i attached a dyno chart of my car versus another same exact mods (full bolt on and tuned cars running 93 octane) except mine the 02 had the windstar and his 03 had a factory upper intake, the funny part was i just came off a 500 mile drive straight onto the dyno so you know that motor was hot plus my car was running rich, i had two down falls compared to him and notice how large the gains are still...............

the junkyard swap can be done for under $100 if you can do everything on your own

i attached a pic of what the VAP kit looks like, i don't have a picture of the junkyard setup on my computer

Attachments

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you buy the kit for VAP Auto it comes with everything you'd need to figure out with a junkyard swap, like angled throttle body, new longer hoses, etc. PLus he gives step by step directions and a vac line manual. You show check the website out if you havent already to see what it entails.

VAP Auto - Windstar Kit

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have one! My EGR hose melted... The one that Steven sent blew out after a few hundred miles, so I got some 1/2 inch copper plumbing tubing and fittings and used fireplace caulk (good to 3,000 degrees and dries rock hard) to seal it up. Solid, stable, and doesn't leak.

If you can afford it, get the kit from VAP. I installed mine from start to finish in a few hours. Throw in a few extra $$ and get the 65mm throttle body from a GT. On stock exhaust it won't make a difference, but with true duals it might?

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ehh the tb won't make a noticeable difference (besides just throttle response) til you're pushing serious hp, I only have one because well..... I was young once ;D lol it definently makes for a nice show piece having the shiny BBK tb sitting on the front of the intake though bout all it's good for...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts