Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, that's right folks... I lost to a civic hatchback and I'm damn proud of how well my car did. We were hanging out with a group of local import drivers tonight and my friend was trying to set up some races. Most of these import guys have done plenty of engine work to their cars, so I wouldn't really call them ricers. Most of them I respect, but of course there were a few nasty cars in the group... You'll always have a few :p After sitting in a parking lot checking out everyone else's cars we finally took off to I64 around 10:00 PM and decided to race a few times.

I picked a race with the fastest car in the group... A red Honda Civic hatchback 5-speed. My friend had told me about this guy's car, but I thought he was bullshitting me until we met the guy and checked it out. The guy has a b18c from a JDM SiRG Integra, with completely stripped interior... (Other than necessary parts and CD player/speakers) His carpet was gone, rear seats, spare tire, air conditioner, etc... He also has his car set to hit VTEC at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTEC controller or something like that.

So, after watching my friend get beat by this guy in his Z (haha, sorry Dan. You better get that twin turbo soon That guy wouldn't have stood a chance... Revenge will be great) we line up at about 50 MPH on I64 and I downshift into 2nd gear, then wait for him to prepare for the race. He looks over and nods at me, then honks 3 times and the race is on. I got a few feet on him from the start, then as I shifted to 3rd and ran through the gear he slowly gained on me and I can see him inching closer and closer to my right front fender... I shift to 4th and I see him barely pulling past me, so he passed me at about 95-100 MPH and after gaining a few feet on me after that I went ahead and stopped to let him into my lane to pass a car. I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
woo hoo indeed :oops:

dont worry dude, your car looks mad cooler than his!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And trust me, the stang gets more chicks ehehehe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rellik said:
50 MPH to 2nd? Kinda stretching that a little dont you think? Sonce you have 3.73's What were your RPM at that shift?

Get some pullies and a set of spacers and you'll take that civic :mrgreen:
Yeah, well... I actually don't have my fordchip in yet, so since my speedometer said 50 I was probably going about 45. I think the RPMs were at around 4k or so... Possibly a bit higher, but oh well. The car pulls much better at that speed when I put it into second, even though there isn't much of 2nd left.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
el cheapo said:
2nd is the best :) The stang pulls hard through 2nd :D
Yeah, with my 3.73s 1st gear goes by really fast, but I love the way 2nd gear feels. My car pulls really hard through first and second, and decent into 3rd. If I'm going down the highway at 60 and downshift into 3rd and take off the car pulls great.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
BlackStang232 said:
He also has his car set to hit VTECH at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTECH controller or something like that.
edit: I am retarded, I just woke up and wasn't thinking (at all apparently) and was thinking about timing, not valve timing.

BlackStang232 said:
I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.
Thats why I dont see why people mod four cylinder, hes spent a shitload of cash and you've only spent a little, and the race was pretty close. A few more bolt ons and you'll have his ass next time!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Um, how does your mustang have variable valve timing? That's new except for porche and I think Farrari.

·
Registered
58 Posts
your car looks mad cooler than his!

I would agree. And it has more potential

and it looks better

and it umm looks a hell of a lot better

i want your car. :shock:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sil\/erSpeed said:
your car looks mad cooler than his!

I would agree. And it has more potential

and it looks better

and it umm looks a hell of a lot better

i want your car. :shock:
Would you prefer it before or after the wreck :(

http://www.3.8mustang.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46863

I know I'm getting smoked headlights... Do you think I should go with another V6 bumper and a Mach 1 grill delete or a Cobra front bumper with fog lights?? I'm thinking I should stick with the V6 bumper so I don't look like a poser trying to be a Cobra.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm still curious about a variable valve timing equipts mustang. :wtf:

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
fast64 said:
BlackStang232 said:
He also has his car set to hit VTECH at 5,500 or so instead of 6k+ RPMS. I think it's called a VTECH controller or something like that.
edit: I am retarded, I just woke up and wasn't thinking (at all apparently) and was thinking about timing, not valve timing.

BlackStang232 said:
I was very happy with the way my car performed... This guy has thousands and thousands of dollars in his engine and I've only got duals, springs, 3.73s, t-lok, and a CAI right now.
Thats why I dont see why people mod four cylinder, hes spent a shitload of cash and you've only spent a little, and the race was pretty close. A few more bolt ons and you'll have his ass next time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
414 Posts
Never mide, Fast64 said vtec wasnt a big deal. "[He] had variable valve timeing too" and I asked. He just edited his old post, I was looking for a new one. Never mind.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Lemme clear it up for you: Horse caught me sounding retarded b/c I had jsut woken up and had no idea what I was talking about and now he thinks hes cool for catching me.

Woo Hoo! you caught a 16 year old saying something stupid! Way to go! your therapist will be happy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts