Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to take a little survey and ask everyone, how are the roads and highways in the towns and cities you live in? I live in haverhill mass and we have the third worst roads in all of mass. they are always tearing up the roads, they start in the spring, go all summer long, cant do anything in the winter and it continues back in the spring. all one big cycle, never have any roads to drive on. I havent washed my car in a month cause they are digging up the main road that i live on and to much dust and loose rocks. ready to pull the hair out of my head. uggh!

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
One of my fav place to drive and ride my bike is going through a growth spurt. The sub division is turning in to a community w/ a strip mall, post office and all. Hadn't been so bad but now the closest town has annexed it. So now instead of a small chance to see an authority, there's usually a town cop around somewhere.

There is another place that they are fixing places, but it's almost a 50 mile drive and for the most part it's still awesome and uninhabited. 30 miles or so of it is on a road called Devils Racetrack.

·
Registered
709 Posts
baton rouge and louisiana in general has terribly maintained roads. ever since i got lowered and put on my konis i have really noticed. makes me really worried about switching the steedas for eibach prolines. i will def keep my steedas for a month or two before im sure that i dont want to put them back on

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where I live in Indiana the roads aren't too bad. There's 4 or 5 really nice roads then the rest are so so. Then there's gravel but I don't drive down those

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sometimes i tell my wife its not worth owning a nice car, I want to lower my car also, but i dont want to give myself headaches when im driving. lol

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Where I live in Maryland roads are nice but at college roads suck and i always hit the bottom. I have lowering spring doesn't help but i love driving my mustang

·
Registered
475 Posts
For the most part, the roads here seem to fall apart and create potholes pretty easily. There are some good roads, usually the ones that have just been repaved. I've only lived here for a year and a half, but the winter seems to wreak havoc on these roads.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
In mesa, AZ the asphalt is pretty much like driving down a half-paved gravel road, people usually jump outside of the lines to avoid potholes you could loose a kid in lol! I literally can't lower my car because the entire front bumper and exhaust would pop off in half a mile, every other car is a raised truck, the bumps literally have your car sideways. the only worse roads I've seen are in poverty stricken Mexico..

But the best roads are in Chandler foothills, no cops, no cameras, sweet, perfect paved mountains to your disposal. You see all of the exotics down there hugging the curves, go there for drifting as much as we can, never found a better road!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I-20 between Birmingham and the Georgia state line was pretty bad last time I went through it. Got a flat from a pothole in my ex's car and the next day we noticed it had bent the wheel.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've driven all over the country since I worked as a musician in various bands for about 15 years... I thought the most gawdawful roads I'd ever seen were around Louisiana. The best roads I found were through the Midwest and parts of KS. I didn't make it any further west than KS though, so I can't comment about the western part of the country. I live in central VA right now, and the roads are pretty bad. The secondary roads are so so, depending on where you are, but the highway- Especially I-95 is horrible. Every time the seasons change the potholes get bigger and the road more broken up and tore up- VDOT just can't keep up with it. I don't know how motorcyclists don't flat out get killed. And there are cops **Everywhere** seems like they got nothing better to do....

·
Registered
532 Posts
In northeast Mississippi our city roads are pretty good. The county roads suck. And when they repave them they always are worse.

·
Registered
323 Posts
RVAStang05 said:
I've driven all over the country since I worked as a musician in various bands for about 15 years... I thought the most gawdawful roads I'd ever seen were around Louisiana. The best roads I found were through the Midwest and parts of KS. I didn't make it any further west than KS though, so I can't comment about the western part of the country. I live in central VA right now, and the roads are pretty bad. The secondary roads are so so, depending on where you are, but the highway- Especially I-95 is horrible. Every time the seasons change the potholes get bigger and the road more broken up and tore up- VDOT just can't keep up with it. I don't know how motorcyclists don't flat out get killed. And there are cops **Everywhere** seems like they got nothing better to do....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts