Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my car for 3 g its a 95 gt with 17 inch cobra wheel. ??? Headers and thush mufflers. 160 g miles runs well here's a pic

ForumRunner_20130214_000000.png

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
It looks sweet. 3K seems like a lot for a '95 but if its clean and runs great and your happy. That's what matters.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I've seen a '96 here. I don't know how many miles it had going for $2,200. But yours looks better and I didn't consider the mods it came with. Overall, I'd say you got a good deal. Is yours a GTS?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Hows them thrush sound? Are they the Turbo or welded?

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Primer what's dif between gt and gts? Mines supposed to be GTE.

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
primer2tone said:
I've seen a '96 here. I don't know how many miles it had going for $2,200. But yours looks better and I didn't consider the mods it came with. Overall, I'd say you got a good deal. Is yours a GTS?
A 95 is worth more than a 96 though. I don't think that's to bad of a deal being it looks clean. The last 5.0 vs the lowest hp 4.6 makes a difference.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hows them thrush sound? Are they the Turbo or welded?

---------- Post added at 06:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Primer what's dif between gt and gts? Mines supposed to be GTE.
A GTS is a GT with no power locks or windows, no leather seats, no bs options. There was like 6k of them made per year. I used to have a 95GTS but it got totaled...:(

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
A 95 is worth more than a 96 though. I don't think that's to bad of a deal being it looks clean. The last 5.0 vs the lowest hp 4.6 makes a difference.
You're right! I don't know why it completely slipped my mind that the '95 was a 5.0!

It does look pretty good. I'd say OP made a good buy.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds realy good and welded i will record some vids and more pic today

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I think oneinch and half front and one rear not sure though

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I compared it on KBB and it looks like you got it right at what it's worth, plus all the mods! So I say that is a good deal.

image-2661138262.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know what the gear ratio is. It seems high.i can do 70 in second at 5 g,s

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I compared it on KBB and it looks like you got it right at what it's worth, plus all the mods! So I say that is a good deal.
Ihas t5 i dont know if that makes a difd on price

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

They said it has a boss block but i don't believe them

·
Registered
493 Posts
Anyone know what the gear ratio is. It seems high.i can do 70 in second at 5 g,s

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

If its stock, you can check the VIN. A google search will tell you which letter represents rear end gears.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am normally a chev man but i blew up every chev i owned. So i gave up on them. Now i am a back sheep in my fam lol.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I derby with ford motors havent lost one ford motor in six years. Every chev i ran i could only run them once and they will lose power or throw a rod

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

I derby with ford motors havent lost one ford motor in six years. Every chev i ran i could only run them once and they will lose power or throw a rod

·
Banned
422 Posts

To check the gears you can jack the rear tires off the ground. Mark the driveshaft and count how many times it makes a full rotation with one rotation of the tires. Boss block would be unlikely, people will tell you whatever they think they can get away with to make a few bucks. I think 3k is right on the money for that car

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya he wanted four because of the block but i told him no papers i don't believe him so we settled for 2900

1 - 20 of 23 Posts