Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one on Craigslist for 50 bucks, should I get it? And its in perfect condition, need help quick cuz I don't want someone else to scoop it up!

·
Registered
338 Posts
they arent that much more new from dealer.

It is basically a curved single bar.

You will have to put the curve backwards to clear a stick hood.

It isnt bad for 50 bux

If you want a Ford Racing one, let me know. I have one that Im not using.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really I've seen as much as 200? And what do you mean I'd have to do what to make it fit the stock hood? And how much would you sell the ford racing one for?

·
Registered
338 Posts
you see how the strut bar has a slight curve to it?
the curve goes toward the front of the car for a proper fit. to clear a non GT500 hood you may be able to clear hood by placing washers on the strut bolts closer to the interior side to give the curve a little tilt forward to be able to close your hood. if not, you can put it backwards with the curve facing the interior so it will clear your hood

·
Registered
338 Posts
They all do, in some form or another. Im not saying its not going to work. You have to put a couple washers to kick the angle down a bit so your hood doesnt stick out, if not you have to put it backwards. Not a big deal. It is a boring looking brace though. I had one. It serves its purpose but doesnt look as attractive as the Ford Racing.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Look at the Ford Racing. It has no curve to it. It goes over the Racing on the plenum cover.

The GT500 one curves and the bar goes over the O on the Ford on the cover, which is a lower part of the hood.

·
Registered
141 Posts
MELLOWYELLOW06 said:
They all do, in some form or another. Im not saying its not going to work. You have to put a couple washers to kick the angle down a bit so your hood doesnt stick out, if not you have to put it backwards. Not a big deal. It is a boring looking brace though. I had one. It serves its purpose but doesnt look as attractive as the Ford Racing.

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Look at the Ford Racing. It has no curve to it. It goes over the Racing on the plenum cover.

The GT500 one curves and the bar goes over the O on the Ford on the cover, which is a lower part of the hood.
How much for the single brace?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts