Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know if its not stick i wont get any freedom for my power but what im planning to do is to add a good b&m shifter once i get tired of the auto

would it be good to go with the stock eaton supercharger? or should i go with the kenne bell supercharger?

what other parts would i need to add the supercharger?

i also need step by step preparation to install it my self

THANKS!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes it would, instead of a shifter you will need to beef the auto up, rebuild, shift kit, new clutches. The shifter will just make it easier to shift. I had a B&M shift kit in mine and it will out shift a standard in manual shift mode. Get an inter cooler, an give ROUSH a look see, they all have install kits when new. Have fun

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your best bet is buy a complete kit. that includes upgraded fuel system. And most kits come with a detailed instructions book. I would go with a whipple or kenne belle. They are the most loved.
and your auto will be fine until you get some sticky tires out back then it will bite the dust. You can also look into turbo kits as well. Good Luck

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes you will be just fine adding a supercharger to your car. There are company's such as Vortech, Paxton, and Procharger that make kits for your car that include everything you need, and are perfectly safe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
again it won't be as fun driving an auto (btw i drive auto stang) than driving a stick...just give it alot of thinking because you dont want to spend 2k and regret you spent it on an auto...i think autos and superchargers are very very compatible but you want the fun out of it....gluck and enjoy

·
Registered
48 Posts
A supercharger would be a good addition to your mustang. However
you would have to work on the cooling system or else it'll overheat(remember, this is a ford we're talking about!!) and most mustangs (depending on the year) already have loads of power to begin with so your couldn't put in a super charger because it wouldn't be able to handle the power. You would end up having to put in new better brakes, suspension and tires. So it's a BIG job. Are you up to it?

Good luck and enjoy the ride!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts