Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be worth getting a chip from Fordchip or a local mustnag tuner if I have:
96, 5 spd, t-lok, 3:73's, pulley, cai, and duals? will i actually get anymore power out of a tune? -a1

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
thats the same setup i have except i have an auto... i say defanitely worth it... it brought my car to life!

184 Posts
not really worth it on a pre 99 unless ur gonna run nitrous like me. ZIMstang is gonna have to either get a flip chip reburn or take the chip out. Advanced timing plus nitrous is a no no :no: :no: I noticed a decent gain with mine on the NA side of things but wouldnt have gotten it if it wasnt a part of my nitrous project. It firms up the shifts a bit but nothing a 70 dollar shift kit cant do better. Id say save up a few more bucks and get a set of ported upper and lower. With ur gears ur low end is already decent but ur top end is what is killing u. Intakes help after 3k where ours really blow.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I disagree I had a Transgo shift kit first and it was a nice improvement but when I got my first F2 chip It was a fantastic improvement. Having both is way better that having just one or the other. The gain is nice and if you decide to get a nitrous setup Fordchip will let you trade up

184 Posts
u always disagree with me. Ill bet u 1000 bucks having a shift kit by itself is better then having a fordchip to firm up shifts by itself. Ill take a valve body anyday of just modding the shift lines pressure.

Of course having both is better .......he doesnt have both. And fordchip wont just LET u trade up. Its gonna cost some money.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yes thay do let you trade up. I did it with no problem it cost me $ 50 to upgrade

and it does seem that I am disagreeing with you alot today.

And I will say with just a Fordchip Pauls (Greenflash00) car hit shifted way firmer than my car with the shift kit ( my chip was out for reburn at the time) so I am not sure how you would bet on that :D :D :D :D :D

184 Posts
Paul has a 99 plus and his shift points were at 6k!!!! come on now ur slippin corey.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
MusclesFromBrussels said:
not really worth it on a pre 99 unless ur gonna run nitrous like me. ZIMstang is gonna have to either get a flip chip reburn or take the chip out. Advanced timing plus nitrous is a no no :no: :no: I noticed a decent gain with mine on the NA side of things but wouldnt have gotten it if it wasnt a part of my nitrous project. It firms up the shifts a bit but nothing a 70 dollar shift kit cant do better. Id say save up a few more bucks and get a set of ported upper and lower. With ur gears ur low end is already decent but ur top end is what is killing u. Intakes help after 3k where ours really blow.
actually when i got my chip i knew i was getting nitrous, so i didnt have him advance the timing :) even if i did... the single ports can run a little advanced without getting detonation. SPlit ports are the ones that have more problems with that.

184 Posts
im gonna be runnin a 100 shot :headbang: :headbang:

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
as am I... once i get a new fuel pump :headbang: :headbang:

184 Posts
nitrous :headbang: :headbang:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
If I was even going to think about running nitrous on a v6 with a stock bottom end I wouldn't run more than a 75 shot, you want to melt your pistons, go for it! :no: :no:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The long term damage of 100 shot nitrous continuously is quite apparent. I was told buy Mikael, Pete and Will at Extreme Velocity not to run 100 often. The obvious problems are ring damage but the shock of 100 shot on the bottom end including bearing failure, bent piston rods, cracked pistons and blown head gaskets.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Triple posting now. Starting to look like me.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Yeah the forum was being worked on earlier as the host was changing servers. I did not realize it even posted because when I hit submit it gave me a error message. :oops: :oops: ;) ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts