Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
yes. i think just the pistons though. I think you would need to change the rods.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
if your going to buy these you better put themin yourself because a mechanic will rape you with labor costs

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Hey Brent I said I would come to Huntsville and help you build your motor. I put the MOJO on it.

By the way those pistons might work but like monkey said the rods are tossers. If they are forged sell them.

Now on the problem with pistons height. You need to find out the height of the piston from the center of the pin hole to the top of the piston. If I remember when I was going to build a 4.2, the piston height might be different which will require the piston to be shaved or milled if they are to tall so you dont have clearance problems.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright basically just getting information now. I might buy those brakes ina week or two. There are alot of similar auctions for the same kind of brakes so I am sure they will be around after I get all my current mods installed.

When RGR gets back I want to talk to him and possibly drive to SC to get a 4.2L from him. I need to talk to him badly!! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
You would also want to find out if the pistons are for floating pins or are for press fit pins. I cant really tell from the pic. If they are press fit your local machine shop will charge you too press them out for new rods.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lucky13 said:
You would also want to find out if the pistons are for floating pins or are for press fit pins. I cant really tell from the pic. If they are press fit your local machine shop will charge you too press them out for new rods.
Thanks and welcome to the site

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Actually, I'm almost 100% positive those pistons won't work. You can try, but I'm gonna say no. You can get some stock 4.2 pistons for a little cheaper. The exact price, i don't know but I can find out. The 4.2 pistons are pretty tough from what I've seen so far. I know of about 5 people running the stock pistons and no problems, some even run with boost. Just something to think about, and also stock 9.2~9.3 is the stock compression ratio. A Little easier on the block

1 - 18 of 18 Posts