Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to basically black everything out. Only had the car 2 months. That why I haven't done anything to it yet. But found these rims on Craigslist for 300. And I've been wanting rims. I deff like the ones in your picture more. But don't have that kind of money right now.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I would wait till you can get the rims you want, they look too small for our cars and the offset might not be right making the rim sit too much inside the fender and not flush.
But they are only 300 bucks so if you dont like it you could get your money back reselling them.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I might just get them and see. And if they are not what I'm wanting. I'll resale them or maybe trade up later.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Tpost08 said:
Would these 18's look good on my 2012.
Looking to black out the stang. And yes I know I need to tint the windows. Haha. That should be next week. Hopefully.
Leave it stock. U would have to lower it for any type of aftermarket wheels to sit correct

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I like the bullett wheels just makes me sad that everybody and their brother has them anymore.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Leave it stock. U would have to lower it for any type of aftermarket wheels to sit correct
WHY you say that? Not true unless you got a point I don't know.You mean wheel gap or something?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure why either. If I have 18's on there now and put different 18's on there. And they are made my ford. How would they not fit.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
back n a stang said:
WHY you say that? Not true unless you got a point I don't know.You mean wheel gap or something?
Not lowered...

Attachments

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looking to black out the stang. And yes I know I need to tint the windows. Haha. That should be next week. Hopefully.
Buy mine! You can get info off the wheel and learn all you want.But yes,don't just assume offset and all is fine.It's crucial and be wise on buying anything.Who makes it.How much for same wheel new? all that! I am fixing to buy another set and will sale mine or keep to have a extra set to just change up

·
Registered
278 Posts
Tpost08 said:
If you wanna do the blackout theme I wouldn't get a chrome lip

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back n a stang said:
Buy mine! You can get info off the wheel and learn all you want.But yes,don't just assume offset and all is fine.It's crucial and be wise on buying anything.Who makes it.How much for same wheel new? all that! I am fixing to buy another set and will sale mine or keep to have a extra set to just change up
He said these were his old cobra wheels. So I'm guessing they are fords cobra addition wheels and should fit. I'm no car nut tho. Just getting into this car stuff. And yours are the stock rims correct. I believe I've seen them before as a stock option. And I do like yours. Wish mine came with those. Then I wouldn't be looking to buy new ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
There going to look great and the not to pricy even if you stagger them and put some sticky tires. All of that will cost only 1200 bucks. Not to bad and then lower your car an inch. It will look great

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dub9stang said:
If you wanna do the blackout theme I wouldn't get a chrome lip
What I was thinking about the chrome lip was painting it. I do like the blacked out look. But at the same time I was thinking about just a little red. I've plasti-dipped the rear cap. And still need to do the sides. But I was thinking about going in and adding some red to where it says ford. And leaving the red on the dot in between the 5 and the 0. And then if I painted the lip red. Just thinking tho. Let me know if y'all think that would be weird or stupid looking. Also. I've never been one to make something look like its not. So was thinking of plasti-dipping the cobra on the rim. To make that not stand out or be chrome.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Blakstang said:
There going to look great and the not to pricy even if you stagger them and put some sticky tires. All of that will cost only 1200 bucks. Not to bad and then lower your car an inch. It will look great
I plan on lowering, an modding in the future. I've only had the car 2 months. And the warranty hasn't even been scratched yet. I'm 23 and have never been good at saving money haha. And am getting married in 6 months and currently signing paper to build a house. So money is not on my side at the moment. I'm looking at cheap improvements to my car that won't make it look bad. I was thinking if I could find some rims that looked better than mine off Craigslist. I would at least be headed in the right way. A lot of 5.0's in my area. Three in my 6 road neighborhood. All of ours are black. Trying to look a little different. Haha.

·
Registered
903 Posts
He said these were his old cobra wheels. So I'm guessing they are fords cobra addition wheels and should fit. I'm no car nut tho. Just getting into this car stuff. And yours are the stock rims correct. I believe I've seen them before as a stock option. And I do like yours. Wish mine came with those. Then I wouldn't be looking to buy new ones.
NO.....Mine are not stock.Look at sig pic again.I changed it so you can see.They are staggered with 285 rear. My point is things you need to consider....#1 Are they replica (tons out there) and thats ok but be surte what they are and what they are worth. #2 Have they ever been repainted....Surface original? #3 Have any rash or been bent and or fixed? #4 what are the sizes and offsets and if you find out and want opinion come back on here with info or PM me. As for wheel gap.18'sre 18' as for that part.Offsets and widths are another story. You can get factory height as it is now if thAT IS YOUR GOAL BUY BUYING THE RIGHT TIRE.nOT NECESSARILY THE SIZE YOU Have now! sorry for text fonts.

IF anybody pulls their Faux gas cap for work or appearance mod and puts back on.......PM me and I can tell you what is as great or better than factory for sealing all around the edge for quality seal and appearance.Took me a year to find what I consider simple and neatly done.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Blacking out......What color is in ur interior?? That is cool.I.m 44 and dont like chrome.From the error of chrome was the heat.I am doing away wid it slowly but bringing another color in soon.Not alot of it but it will be posted for opin's.I think it's gonna be HOT and seen no other like mine yet that I got planned.All the stuff is here just need some time.My back is still recovering from the susp. mods. Gotta have a jug of Percocet to even do the job with my back..LOL!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
back n a stang said:
Yea it's the wheel gap, stock wheels look ok with them... Once u to aftermarket I just think they look terrible w/o the proper stance

1 - 20 of 24 Posts