Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what would be the best clutch to get in general i also had in mind the ram clutch they sell on v6mustangstuff.com

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
no the king cobra wont work its not a good clutch anyway far to stiff for its holding level.... the v6s have an 11 inch clutch that is a 10.5 for a GT... dotn ask me why the gts have smaller clutches... if you want to buy a new flywheel then you can get a 10.5 flywheel and get that clutch~

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which clutch do you reccomen i thought spec but a buddy of mine said spec clutches have had a few problems lately

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Since both my recent mustangs have been automatics I feel that some of the other guys can handle your questions on clutches better than I can. Just get a good aftermarket clutch that will last you a while and don't abuse it a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Since I have a SPEC clutch, I would definately recommend them. I've heard a few bad things about RAM clutches as them beening to stiff and the such. A stage II clutch would be your best application. I've also heard alot of good things from the 99+ stock clutches though. Just food for thought. IMO, I would want a stiff clutch to ensure the clutch in not slipping, but too tight and your foot gets tired of pressing down the pedal. My SPEC clutch works awesome, no complaints from me.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Do you want the actual website for SPEC clutches or just any site you can buy them from?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Cool, you'll be very happy.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i would consider using a ford oem throw out bearing the spec ones suck.... you might should have gone stage 1 though... stage 2 is pretty stiff.... might be more than you will ever need.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
30 bucks~ i have a fork arm and a pilot bearing i will sell you EXTREMLY cheap both brand new and in the box they came, in i never needed them and never took them back. its a good idea to replace the fork arm/ pivot ball stud/ pilot/ throw out/ inspect the bearing retainer/ clutch cable/ put in an aftermarket quadrent (stock will get eat up with a stiffer clutch) / firewall adjuster/ and check the front tranny seal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts